Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Know us before you judge us - The Toby Shootoot

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    @csmiffy, they got there weird things called aeroplanes now. they do land in the north island...

Get yourself on one, and the rest can be sorted. Guys have turned up without bolts and even without rifles in the past, and we always see to make it work

Enough guys will be going up from Welly or down from Auckland so you don't even have to fly to Napier.
    @ebf haha its more the demon money that will stop me.
    If it was in the south, it would be a relatively quick car trip and sleeping in a tent if it got too hard. + the gun thing.
    Air fares/ferry etc just makes it a bit difficult. I don't get out much as it is coz of that.
    as for meeting people that would be great.
    'Specially Philipo. anyone who smiles like that has to be worth having a beer with.
    Philipo likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @ebf haha its more the demon money that will stop me.
    If it was in the south, it would be a relatively quick car trip and sleeping in a tent if it got too hard. + the gun thing.
    Air fares/ferry etc just makes it a bit difficult. I don't get out much as it is coz of that.
    as for meeting people that would be great.
    'Specially Philipo. anyone who smiles like that has to be worth having a beer with.
    Stow away in Ryan Songhurst’s vehicle.
    ebf and Gibo like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Stow away in Ryan Songhurst’s vehicle.
    Yea I'll pick ya up @csmiffy
    Philipo, 199p, gadgetman and 3 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Marty, I think VC was referring to the original title which has now been completely changed.
    Never saw the original was it shot out?
    Philipo likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Never saw the original was it shot out?
    I think that someone (in the admin / moderator team) saw the grammatically incorrect title and decided it needed to be corrected and then made a significant change that still conveyed the same message that Phil intended. Pretty nifty really.
    7mmsaum likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Yea I'll pick ya up @csmiffy
    @Ryan_Songhurst Cheers mate.
    Its a wee way away. I'd better start planning (read save up) for it now otherwise she's a no go.
    I might have my 270 project shootable by then so that would be a taker.
    Philipo likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Phillipo you write for some mag and you couldnt even spell check the headline

I must have missed the bad blood
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Shoot oot scottish ancestry coming out I suspect for sassenachs I believe he means shoot out?
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    I read it as shoo toot, like having a small foot operated audible device.
    Marty, I think VC was referring to the original title which has now been completely changed.
    Yes sorry guys, After an awesome day in the HB shooting & enjoying time with some real GC's. I had to use my mobile so was doing my "fat phone fingers" as normally I use my laptop.

Funny that once you post the title it can't be edited but looks to be pretty much sorted thanks to the great NZHS admin, chur
    Last edited by Philipo; 05-05-2019 at 06:17 PM.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Yes sorry guys, After an awesome day in the HB shooting & enjoying time with some real GC's. I had to use my mobile so was doing my "fat phone fingers" as normally I use my laptop.

Funny that once you post the title it can't be edited but looks to be pretty much sorted thanks to the great NZHS admin, chur
    You are bloody good value in person as are most other members.

It would be great if you could make it @Tussock.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    Philipo, BRADS and Blisters like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Just to clear up a couple of things regarding this thread.

When I started this thread last night I was completely genuine, I thought it was just a nice gesture, I'm no saint ( don't try to be ) & can be a bit of a moron at times but I do try to be a honest good bugger, while sometimes I take the piss or come across as a bit of a shit stirrer, normally I just do these things to entertain or level ego's, after all there are plenty of "know all's & internet experts" around, there's no real malice or hate involved, after all once you meet me in person you'll see I'm just a cheeky little bush hobbit.

Apparently Carlsen & Tussock have come up with an idea of a shoot competition, now I never read the whole thread but did see a reference to the "Toby shoot" & then some anti comments regarding it, Brads has offered some positive advice ( even PM'ing Tussock with the offer about the TGS yesterday ) but seems to have been shot down. Regarding hosting gong shoots & target comps this ain't our first rodeo, the combined years of experience are there, we don't know everything but we're learning as we go & we're doing pretty friggen OK, btw most of us that have ended up hosting or running this thing never asked to do it, we just fell into something that has become very important & we do our best.

There was also the mention of being to "competitive" hardly ( even though there nothing wrong with that ) most just come to learn & have fun, there are plenty of targets & people willing to spot shots or help with technique, I probably won't even shoot in the comp's as I'll be running em ( & I don't care ) personally I can be very competitive but not at this shoot, it's just about enjoying the day.

I wouldn't recommend coming Mountain Biking with me however as I take it very seriously. it's what I do as my "meditation & me time" & I would absolutely farken destroy you

So I put it out there to @Tussock to bring his wife for a weekend away, I'm not a wealthy man by any means, I'm just a tradie ( I spend far to much on toys, things I shouldn't & the shit I enjoy ) but I offered to shout em the accommodation , yes as I said it's a genuine offer & also @Carlsen Highway if you would like to join them ( will have to pay you & your partners own way ) come & enjoy the weekend away from your computer's, spending it with bloody great people & see how we do things in the NI & maybe take away some positives for your events.

While It's a basic gong & trophy shoot, we run it by the book & very professionally, things are done properly but we're not over the top after all it's all about having fun. Many if not most that attend ( myself included ) never meet Toby, but his positive "can do" attitude is what life should be all about & was very infectious to all that meet him. Hence we do the shoot in his memory & fuk me that's a cool legacy for decent young fulla that was taken far to early.

This shoot isn't for everyone, but you guys choose to come up you'll be well looked after, you don't even need to shoot just come & enjoy it. We're staying at a nice location, meals & a good night out of trophies, a bit of fund raising & hanging out with a bunch of bloody GC's.

I won't post on here again it's in your guys court but will post up in the TGS thread later but I must admit that to those faithful that attend it's probably in the top three days of the year, certainly is for me can't wait to see everyone.

Chur
    Last edited by Philipo; 05-05-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Banned
    You possibly should have read the whole thread.

What on earth is going on? Nobody has posted anything negative regarding the Toby Memorial Shoot.

Tim hasn't been around since earlier this morning so hes probably farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    You possibly should have read the whole thread.

What on earth is going on? Nobody has posted anything negative regarding the Toby Memorial Shoot.

Tim hasn't been around since earlier this morning so hes probably farming.
    Or maybe he's started going to church on Sundays?
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Banned
    I did not know it was Sunday, I have not logged in since @Gibo etc began insulting me. I have had 3 days off to do what I liked this year. When you work 7 days a week, every day is Friday. As welcome as the offer is, and it is very welcome and appreciated, I owe it to my family to spend my limited time off with them. I still have to get myself wife and baby to the North Island. I agree that online personas have little to do with people in real life and it is good to meet in person. I do however think that how you treat people here or how you conduct yourself in general is not completely irrelevant. If you guys so desperately want to meet me, you know where I live.

Seems a bit of an excessive an about face to be outright insulting me in one thread then inviting me to travel to the North Island literally 5 minutes later.

The standard of company this place offers appears to have taken a major dive of late. A forum that bans the likes of Carlsen Highway is doomed to wither and die.
    tiroatedson, Woody and Nighniz like this.

ebf
    Name:  chicken.jpeg
Views: 420
Size:  3.5 KB Name:  poop.jpeg
Views: 431
Size:  26.1 KB
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

do you think this is likely to engender a positive response
    Cordite likes this.

Hmmm ..that’d be my definition of a acolyte response...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Woody likes this.