Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: long range 338 tests

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    If you call giving Norway a book (Davey Hughes book) for a day of tuition paying for his services, then yes he was paid. Norway was over on holiday, not hunting at all and ki.dly offered to instruct for a day (off his own back as I understand). Cost us $31 each for the consumables and lunch... I personally got a lot of value from this, it was a basic, stripped down course, no electronic gadgets or flash harry gear. Bloody good day!

Sent from my cellphone...
    Dont forget the bottle of scotch.......
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Yep, we must be "the guys from down south" that run shoots and give out advice on all aspects of long range shooting for "free"

Perhaps we should be charging $200 for pleasure of doing it...... That way it would pay for some of my tacticool over the top gear

Oh, I forgot we are here to help people not profit from them.
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    I dont mean to be rude but the way you show up on this site and throw around obsenities and rumours towards much respected members leaves much to be desired..
    I laughed when I read and I mean really laughed .Baldbob I had the vision you were living in the times of the flat earth and the question was posed "is the earth round" gasp horror wear a horse hair shirt and flog my back raw .hahaaa . It was just question and it was answered

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman View Post
    Yep, we must be "the guys from down south" that run shoots and give out advice on all aspects of long range shooting for "free"

Perhaps we should be charging $200 for pleasure of doing it...... That way it would pay for some of my tacticool over the top gear

Oh, I forgot we are here to help people not profit from them.
    Do you know up here in the Ork we dont mind paying for services rendered , but hey that just us

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    If you call giving Norway a book (Davey Hughes book) for a day of tuition paying for his services, then yes he was paid. Norway was over on holiday, not hunting at all and ki.dly offered to instruct for a day (off his own back as I understand). Cost us $31 each for the consumables and lunch... I personally got a lot of value from this, it was a basic, stripped down course, no electronic gadgets or flash harry gear. Bloody good day!

Sent from my cellphone...
    I myself would have very much enjoyed a day with Norway and a crew taking in his knowledge even if only a stripped down course .Did he cover wind reading in any depth -ie the finer points

Hey douche, there's a website designed specifically for you- getoveryourself.com: The Leading Personal Growth Site on the Net

South of the Bombay's we type english, and respect our fellow hobbyists. (unless it is not reciprocated) Come to think of it, when I lived in Auckland for years it was the same too, maybe it doesn't matter where you live which determines how much of a narcissist one is.

Chris

How funny . the egos of some are so so fragile -maybe your circles are a little small if you just want to talk with those that agree with you while you pat each other on the back .My vista is wide open and to be honest from what I have read on this particular post there are some that personify the ol kiwi "tall poppy cutter syndrome"
    I am still laughing about this as I really dont know what he is talking about -hey Chris you seem intelligent maybe you could explain .

Originally Posted by baldbob
    I dont mean to be rude but the way you show up on this site and throw around obsenities and rumours towards much respected members leaves much to be desired..

I really dont know what he means -maybe we speak different languages

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    This is turning into a squabble. Before we get all handbags at ten paces ladies, lets rein it in a bit.

Its fairly obvious El Boraccho swaggered into the wrong LR saloon. This is not the Ok Corral of the internet. Lets all play nice. Shane does his thing, we do ours and the world is a better place for it.

Any more trouble, and this is going to be your avatar
    Attachment 1377
    Tussock , I fail to see why you would say I have swaggered into the wrong saloon -why because you guys are offended by Shanes proffetionally running a nation wide comp the he makes a dollar on and is reimbersed for his valuable time ? I dont get much more Tall poppy cutting syndrome than that ! Or is it my hair cut ?

Bloody trolls!

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by crnkin View Post
    Bloody trolls!
    Thas about right its suits you..................you are a old nana!!!! an still the '338 pussy'....................................

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    Thas about right its suits you..................you are a old nana!!!! an still the '338 pussy'....................................
    Ahhahaha fukn amen ta that..

Quote Originally Posted by crnkin View Post
    Bloody trolls!
    thats funny as your trollin my post ?

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    thats f
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    thats funny as your trollin my post ?
    gunny as your trollin my post ?
    Shutup chee troll did we give you permission to talk?

R93
    Not really wanting to get into a debate but $120-$200 seems cheap to attend an orginised competition. I used to spend more than that at nearly every zone, island, national sporting clay shoot I attend and there are several every year.
    I would be keen on some decent fun/competition shoots in the south island, if just to meet other keen shooters and contacts but most seem lately to be run around my favorite times for hunting.
    A gallery/reaction type shoot would be good. Rocking up to blast a heap of rounds down range is fun but I can do it at home to a 1000yrds. I enjoy the Greymouth shoots because of the lack of egos (apart from myself) and like minded blokes I have met. Contrary to what people think you dont have to have humped some of your relatives to be included. (if you have, you get to spot for BB)
    There are ego's in every sport and it up to the individual how they to deal with them. Some people with egos can still be knowledgable cant they?
    If I am able, I am happy to help with set up and working bees and would be interested in any shoot run/setup by this forum. I have been fortunate for a large part of the last 27 yrs to shoot all over the world in both military and civvie competitions in a number of classes and may be able to contribute to some challenging formats. LR under 1200 yrds being my favorite, anything beyond that is classed as harrasing fire anyway.
    I do believe the Greymouth tribe can run a nice wee comp.
    Last edited by R93; 23-04-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Impure Lead Flinger
    It costs fuck all to do it.... Wen ole stumpwildo gets the steel for nufn out the rubbish pile.... We have piles of steel over the show for when KG shows up and turns it cheesegrater.... Its just abit of time...... I would think to do a proper organised shoot permission from the forestry company may need to be sought... Other than that theres full potential for practical LR shooting in many forms..