Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: long range 338 tests

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Shutup chee troll did we give you permission to talk?
    Please be polite to other members

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Not really wanting to get into a debate but $120-$200 seems cheap to attend an orginised competition. I used to spend more than that at nearly every zone, island, national sporting clay shoot I attend and there are several every year.
    I would be keen on some decent fun/competition shoots in the south island, if just to meet other keen shooters and contacts but most seem lately to be run around my favorite times for hunting.
    A gallery/reaction type shoot would be good. Rocking up to blast a heap of rounds down range is fun but I can do it at home to a 1000yrds. I enjoy the Greymouth shoots because of the lack of egos (apart from myself) and like minded blokes I have met. Contrary to what people think you dont have to have humped some of your relatives to be included. (if you have, you get to spot for BB)
    There are ego's in every sport and it up to the individual how they to deal with them. Some people with egos can still be knowledgable cant they?
    If I am able, I am happy to help with set up and working bees and would be interested in any shoot run/setup by this forum. I have been fortunate for a large part of the last 27 yrs to shoot all over the world in both military and civvie competitions in a number of classes and may be able to contribute to some challenging formats. LR under 1200 yrds being my favorite, anything beyond that is classed as harrasing fire anyway.
    I do believe the Greymouth tribe can run a nice wee comp.
    R93 are you based in NZ or in Queeensland .The gunslinnger shoots are not just a one off good ol boys beer and barbie but an on going set of comps that move around the country -alot of personal time and effort by Mr Cossar as I am sure you can appreciate .Yes I agree with you that the cost of the shoot for the effort the individual makes is small recompence for a good days competing and also it is none of "my buissnes" what he make on these shoots as long as I am happy paying the entry fee which is mininal and in line or cheaper with many other organized competitive sports .I hope you would also like to attend some of the comps as the more the better and a great crew to meet with lotsa nice toys

AAAAARRRGGGHH bALDBOB Ugot 3 teef and ya spittin shite.
    Last edited by el borracho; 23-04-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post

AAAAARRRGGGHH bALDBOB Ugot 3 teef and ya spittin shite.
    Ahhhhhh but I partay to which is said about you between the lines.... I could post it but according to gimp it wont be polite....

R93
    I understand what you guys are saying Tussock and Baldbob. It may be cheap in materials and donated time. But trust me after a while it is the same guys and their gear everytime, putting in the effort of setting one up. Fuel and paint for example. All I am saying is I am happy to help pay for those items and put in some time.
    I think the coasts guys mixed with the rabble from down south could run a brilliant shoot. But trust me. As the shoots get more popular and they will, there may be a need to pay to shoot.
    I am fine with that.
    I work in Queensland EL and I would maybe like to attend a shoot one day. I am just not interested in payin $70 bucks for a .1 flight up a hill to do so. Depending on type of machine thats definitely a rip off.

That may be so R93 but I am going to pay it as I fear the 5km walk up hill could kill me -you know Takapuna is pretty flat and one doesnt have to walk far for the trim soy latte before a small sweat dampens ones forhead

R93
    Do you know what type of machine it is?

I dont ,and to tell you the truth I hate flying so I hope it aint a bucket with a rubber band and Ice block stick prop-I could find out and post it later on .

R93
    I dont ,and to tell you the truth I hate flying so I hope it aint a bucket with a rubber band and Ice block stick prop-I could find out and post it later on .
    I am just curious. Ta

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Please be polite to other members
    Shuddup gimp

From talking to people with experience about setting things up for shooters it starts out all oohh arrgh and ends with one or two getting sick of "doing it all" -its amazing how many hands are up at the start and are not there in the time of need .

Youll always get a few going but how serious will they be taken by the shooters and the organisers.Lets see how you do !!!

R93
    As I said Tussock I am keen and if it works out, and if people dont have to pay all the better. I am keen to see your format and if it can be adopted between crews it should be a huge bit of fun.
    The pilot of the machine you were talking about didnt seem to care much about what could have happened. I have done tons of rabbits for work but never in a 500. They must have been goofing around and not doing it for a crust eh?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Rich amateur pilot. Just goofing around.
    I got the amateur bit right, just wish I was rich.
    Was this in Wanaka by chance?

R93
    It would be impolite for me to say so, as they were very kind in letting me play with all their expensive crap.
    Fair enough. I have a fair idea......... now.

I think we will be Ok. We have been setting up shoots since 2006.
    So far do you consider your shoots upto the same standard as the Gunslinger shoots and are there a dedicated crew around the country able to do thse shoots given youve been doing them since 2006 ?

R93
    So far do you consider your shoots upto the same standard as the Gunslinger shoots and are there a dedicated crew around the country able to do thse shoots given youve been doing them since 2006 ?
    Its not hard to set up a shoot with the experience in the groups we have disscussed. As far as standard goes there has to be a measure. If its challanging and enjoyable which all I have been to are, then it is subjective. So yep!