Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: My Savage 223

Their is fault both ways I agree, offered to meet him more than half way, I'll pay for it at it at wholesale rate, not paying x10 for the thing at retail, prices. A Flat No. Obviously the Savage guy in the states, had some honour.
    I'll wear it on the chin, but others be warned.
    Thinking about taking up knitting, and joining the Philp Alfers fan club.

PS a BIG THANK YOU to the SERVICE of Sarvo, for the boots they are awesome and Rivers to Ranges, for the Scope.
    Last edited by flock; 05-11-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Hi Flock.
    Are you still chasing a magazine ?
    Can't make any promises but I can ask a contact.
    Pennyless
    Mooseman and Micky Duck like this.

Yes, still chasing, part no. 55230. has the new and improved front clip set up. Thanks

I'll get back to you. I know it can take a few days.
    Micky Duck and takbok like this.

No worries thanks

What did your retailer say about it. They are your point of contact not the importer.

The company I purchased from, off the internet, mentioned above didn't reply. That was direct Email. As mentioned above even the internet sight disappeared.

When I purchased this rifle I had it in my head it had V block bedding system, and adjustable stock length system, previously had shown interest in a cheaper local rifle 223 Savage light Model 10 but was too slow, missed out.
    Realising that this cheap rifle but still considerably more expense than the Axis Model, would need some fiddling to get it to shoot, so asked how did the new owner like it, response, he hated it, obviously the wrong person had bought it, not into hand loading, glass bedding etc. So I was advised that the Storm model was way better, decent stock mostly.
    Spotted this Storm on the internet, watched for months, so put in a proposal, which wasn’t silly and was accepted.
    So anyway, first thing I did was remove the stock, disappointed no V block, no pillar bedding, Bit my lip and carried on, broken in the barrel, showed promise, single loaded, which is at the range what I always do, don’t like overheating barrels, cold shot accuracy from a hunting rifle is all I’m worried about.
    So the story goes the rest is as above, a conundrum of events.

Read and learn, I’m happy with the rifle just didn’t expect the journey and people interaction to get there. Old school but still learning.

Just saying, this is a very good forum, love bouncing stuff off like minded people. We need to respect the fact that if, us hunters and shooters don’t get behind and support each other, we can kiss our sport goodbye.
    takbok likes this.

i must have missed the ignored emails part. Did you try to call them?

Reluctant to go by word of mouth these days, been caught that way too many times, I like paper back up so all correspondence is via Email. If I do a deal by handshake still
    I still want verification on paper.

The company you purchased off, what does their name rhyme with please

Buns NZ