Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Norinco 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Funny how no one wants to slap an embargo on the Chinese
    That's cos the Chinese seem to be the only one around here with money and they build a lot of our stuff.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Chinese are the only people with money because we give them both our money and our ability to make money. An emgargo on China might just help a lot of countries out.
    You'd think they'd at least start shipping is some ammo as well as everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    That's cos the Chinese seem to be the only one around here with money and they build a lot of our stuff.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    outlander and GDMP like this.

Chinese are the only people with money because we give them both our money and our ability to make money. An emgargo on China might just help a lot of countries out.
    You'd think they'd at least start shipping is some ammo as well as everything else.

I don't disagree. Cutting costs and maximising profits at the expense of western people has given them far more power than is prudent.

Steve123 and outlander like this.

I don't disagree. Cutting costs and maximising profits at the expense of western people has given them far more power than is prudent.

Enough of getting close to politics. What 7.62 x 39's do you have? Do they shoot good?
    I have a mini 30 thats good but fussy on ammo, a Norinco bolt thats a good shooter so long as it doesnt get hot and a chi-com still in the grease apocalypse $299 SKS that I havent shot yet.

Enough of getting close to politics. What 7.62 x 39's do you have? Do they shoot good?
    I have a mini 30 thats good but fussy on ammo, a Norinco bolt thats a good shooter so long as it doesnt get hot and a chi-com still in the grease apocalypse $299 SKS that I havent shot yet.

Not really politics imo but anyway.

Not yet. Prob an SKS cos they're cheap.

Not really politics imo but anyway.

Not yet. Prob an SKS cos they're cheap.

I wouldn't mind a howa or ruger 'mUrIcAn in that cal but too many bills this year

Russian 22. likes this.

I still have a stack of PMC Bronze in 7.62x39 I have been trying to move on. Its not as cheap as Barnaul or some of the other stuff you have mentioned but its FMJ and I was only after a buck a round for it. Most places I have looked up online seem to be selling brass cased stuff for at least 24 bucks a box. I got sick of chasing brass around so I brought an Aoraki ammo crate too. Just been trying to move on this other stuff with out much luck. Its just standard PMC Bronze stuff, brass cased and 123 grain. Would trade for milsurp 7.62x54R as well :-) Finding that stuff around is hard too!
    rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Spoke to the importer yesterday.....nothing to do with happenings in the middle east,the ammo is available in Russia but he can't get it here due to the shipping ports (it has to come surface) being under EU jurisdiction, and therefore subject to these ridiculous sanctions......the shortage in Russian ammo is ALL about sanctions.....not conflict in the middle east....
    Couldn't they get it out through Vladivostok?

seen a heap of the yellow box x39 somewhere for sale recently....possible trademe....the 2 boxes of it we used were great on wallabies .if you ever see it in .223 grab ALL you can get as it is simply awesome on game.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    seen a heap of the yellow box x39 somewhere for sale recently....possible trademe....the 2 boxes of it we used were great on wallabies .if you ever see it in .223 grab ALL you can get as it is simply awesome on game.
    Have they finished or started lambing down your way yet? May look at knocking some Wally`s over in a couple of weeks.

So the original question was about Norinco ammo. The sanctions affect Russian products yes but as far as I understand we have no sanctions against China and that's where the North China Industry Co arms manufacturers are. It`s where the Norinco rifles JW15 , SKS, HM90 and the others all come from and they make the ammo for them. So why can we get the guns but not what they feed on.

Hopefully Barnualnz starts getting it in while the UK has its tantrum.
    rewa likes this.

res
    I was going to import some norinco ammo a few years back-even visited the factory, but the min order numbers and shipping issues just made it unpractical. was going to cost more to get it from the factory to the boat than to buy the ammo, then finding a dg ship that was coming strait to NZ without going via OZ did my head in.
    End of the day its there to import if someone has the cash but the NZ market is just to small for it to be cost effective V barnall etc when I looked into it- that may be different now
    Using Tapatalk

Tasbay...lambs all over the show but that doesnt effect public /Doc controlled land.
    Tasbay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Konev View Post
    Hopefully Barnualnz starts getting it in while the UK has its tantrum.
    Have people here hit Russianz up for 7.62x39 and come up dry?