Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Off target.

Remembering this is a 50m target trigger technique wound have to shift from uniform pull to tugging it with a but of string to get that much variation my money is on something in the rifle not being bedded right or scope/ring issue
    bully and Preacher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by distant stalker View Post
    Remembering this is a 50m target trigger technique wound have to shift from uniform pull to tugging it with a but of string to get that much variation my money is on something in the rifle not being bedded right or scope/ring issue
    Agree. That is far too much for it to be simply poor trigger control at that distance. To make that change would be obvious from shooters pov (I.e felt that it was a pulled shot). That is a linear decline in a fairly specific pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by distant stalker View Post
    That looks like a mechanical issue as though scope is sliding or something similar. I would be focusing on scope mounts or scope itself
    This^^^^

Looks to me like the scope is walking forward in the rings slightly with each shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

First thing that I see is 50 metres at 9x I would start to suspect parallax issues if your head moves at all from shot to shot. Try it on a lower setting like 3x or push it out to 100 with a bigger target.

It could well be not fitted into the stock properly or a loose screw either on the mounts / scope arrangement or the bedding screws to the stock so all should be checked just in case.

But I still come back to 9x at 50m will cause parallax issues with most scopes focused for ranges of 100m and over....