Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Parenting done right

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    you want a wee jar of Trail Boss????
    Nah got access to some here if needed but thank you for the offer mate
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

223 will do the job especially if you stick to around the 100 yds, plenty of time for the 308 as her confidence builds.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    223 will do the job especially if you stick to around the 100 yds, plenty of time for the 308 as her confidence builds.
    Yup I know, shot my first deer with the same 55gn sp factory ammo at 200y a fat fallow doe it certainly didn't get back up
    #DANNYCENT

Great stuff my daughter shot her first and only deer with the .223, it had to be a lone deer cause that meant it had no friends.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

GWH
    Great stuff, i really enjoy getting my kids out to the range and teaching them about firearms safety and how to shoot. They are capable of far more than we think they are too.

My 8 year old is hitting a 3 inch bull at 400 yards with a downloaded 6.5 creed. So cool seeing them listen to and apply what we teach them and their smiles when they can see we are proud of them.

Very cool
    Trout and dannyb like this.

Look out deer,well done Dan n Miss.
    dannyb likes this.

I think in a Christmas or two you might need to find a 243 to hide under the tree haha
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    I think in a Christmas or two you might need to find a 243 to hide under the tree haha
    Plenty of choice here for her already
    Bill999 likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Well done Danny, and well done to your daughter. I find kids and woman are so much fun to teach and take hunting/shooting. They listen, they take it all on board, they shoot well. And theres no bloody testosterone thing going on that is prevalent in teens nowadays. Keep it up, look forward to more pic's.
    dannyb likes this.

Wee update agter todays range session with little miss 12....
    Decided today to only shoot steel no targets but this time let ber do everything load the rounds into the mag, load the mag into the rifle, put the bolt in, find the gong and get comfortable resting behind the rifle.
    Well even though the 100y gong is only 4" she smoked it easily and after a little bit of struggling worked out cycling the bolt on her own.
    At this point I laid down a challenge 10 hits on the 230y gong from 10 shots and I'd take her out for morning tea, same as the 100y gong I let her get set up and aquire the target 10" gong and she set about methodically sending lead down range and to my and her suprise she nailed it 10 outta 10 shots, inspection showed 10 fresh hits 8 all within 5" just above center and 2 low but still well within 8" she's a little trooper all right if only she was big enough to carry deers
    Seeing as we were on a roll I asked her if she wanted to try the 308win to my surprise she accepted and smoked the 100y gong with it. She was a little uncomfortable shooting it off the bench but she's keen to try again next time prone off the bipod.
    She just keeps suprising me with each range visit at how much she retains and improves over last visit

Name:  IMG-20220827-WA0002.jpeg
Views: 235
Size:  2.11 MB
    #DANNYCENT

I should add her reward was choc filled crossiant gonna have to find a harder challenge for her
    #DANNYCENT

good stuff mate...now you listen up Dad..... young ladies DONT NEED to carry said deers,that what dear old Dads are for...and later on hulking young suiters....if they wont carry out her deer for her....yeah nah piss off hairy legs,will find a more suitable fella to share life with.
    you get young lass to carry the day bag and the bang sticks..you get to carry big heavy,smelly bloody bits....and shoot fallow...MUCH lighter to carry .
    if lass is 60 kgs soaking wet.....a smaller fallow or goat would be dead easy carry using carry belt method. you would be surprised how much young lasses can carry.my daughter put on my venison filled pack and walked around,her brother and uncle COMBINED couldnt lift it out of wagon....
    dannyb, Inder and Ftx325 like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

What a great Dad!
    dannyb likes this.

I bet with @dannyb genetics running through her blood she's taller than me already
    dannyb and Joe_90 like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I bet with @dannyb genetics running through her blood she's taller than me already
    Would be bloody close.....
    #DANNYCENT