Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Parenting done right

great stuff danny. she is already taking on the marksmanship principles if she can consistently hit those gongs like that. after a bit more lead has gone down range you are going to have to get inventive in making it a bit more of a challenge.

cool though.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    good stuff mate...now you listen up Dad..... young ladies DONT NEED to carry said deers,that what dear old Dads are for...and later on hulking young suiters....if they wont carry out her deer for her....yeah nah piss off hairy legs,will find a more suitable fella to share life with.
    you get young lass to carry the day bag and the bang sticks..you get to carry big heavy,smelly bloody bits....and shoot fallow...MUCH lighter to carry .
    if lass is 60 kgs soaking wet.....a smaller fallow or goat would be dead easy carry using carry belt method. you would be surprised how much young lasses can carry.my daughter put on my venison filled pack and walked around,her brother and uncle COMBINED couldnt lift it out of wagon....
    Exactly what my daughter's like. Carries around the bulky overly heavy 357 along with a full tramping pack for a 8 k walk in and 3 night stay at the hut, shoots a goat right between the eyes, carries it back to hut herself,guts it,skins it and bones it out and then insists on carrying it all the way home along with all her other gear and heavy rifle. Not once was I allowed to help besides advice .
    The skin she then tanned and is now residing on her bedroom floor .

Name:  IMG_20201024_180130.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  4.06 MB

Name:  IMG_20201025_095506.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  6.12 MB
    Trout, erniec, Husky1600 and 3 others like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by tac a1 View Post
    great stuff danny. she is already taking on the marksmanship principles if she can consistently hit those gongs like that. after a bit more lead has gone down range you are going to have to get inventive in making it a bit more of a challenge.

cool though.
    Might put the smaller gong out at 230yards we have a 6" and a 4" that might be next, as it was 8 out of her last 10 shots would've easily hit the 6" gong. 230 yards is kinda maximum for the range we are using which is fine I don't want her shooting her first deer any further away than that. Might take her up to Lyndon when she's a bit more comfortable behind the 308 for some longer range fun but there's no rush for that at all.
    #DANNYCENT

Banned
    Right now is the best time of the year to stalk close on Hares with a 22. Skills learnt Hare stalking are transferable to deer stalking and great fun in the process

yup after many many years of Mountain safety firearms girls and woman were the best to teach target work - and to see them take away their best target to show Dad or Hubby was a real pleasure. I taught all my kids from a young age -I managed to get a Remington pump .22 with a youth stock and they loved it especially when Dad let them have some rapid fire- made a mistake and bought a crossman CO2 air rifle 10 shot -soon got rid of that -inaccurate and expensive to shoot -got a BSA springer and never looked back -
    Moa Hunter and dannyb like this.

hares with .223 is even more fun....come to think of it its a lot of fun with .270 too!!!!!! have eaten many a campoven feed of hare snotted with the mighty .270,if you hit them in front end you still get back wheels and most of the back straps for dinner.
    Padox and Barry the hunter like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters