Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: parker hale or brno?

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by goatcommander View Post
    Hi massiveattack yes i could be keen. Could you private message me? sorry i couldnt figure out how to send a private message. Cheers mate much appreciated
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    They're both equally shit
    Bloody heathen
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

For us of the younger generation that are used to the "plastic" gun range, could someone enlighten us as to why these rifles would be nicer/better?
    Not taking the piss or anything.
    I haven't used either of them before.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    For us of the younger generation that are used to the "plastic" gun range, could someone enlighten us as to why these rifles would be nicer/better?
    Not taking the piss or anything.
    I haven't used either of them before.
    they were made Before everything went and got made in china.Nothing but pure european quility. No cutting corners. When u pick up a rifle of the sorts you can tell it was made with blood sweat and tears, just by handling it.

I recently scored myself a Bruno in 243. Nice piece of kit, just gotta find a weight and brand of round it likes now
    P38 likes this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by goatcommander View Post
    they were made Before everything went and got made in china.Nothing but pure european quility. No cutting corners. When u pick up a rifle of the sorts you can tell it was made with blood sweat and tears, just by handling it.
    Exactly and they have character or a sole if you will, which is sadly lacking in a plastic fantastic.

Just sold my zkk243, great gun must have accounted for at least 1k of deer never missed a beat, using a bsa cf2 270 at the moment, great gun

Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post
    I recently scored myself a Bruno in 243. Nice piece of kit, just gotta find a weight and brand of round it likes now
    go to JBM and use their sabillity calculator. i have 1:10 and found barnes 85gr tsx dont like the 1:10 just working in the hornady gmx which looks very promising, have some 105 A Max on the way which will be interesting to try.

With a 1 in 10 243 ,this is definite with a BRNO, it will stabilise all projectiles (except the Barnes types) up to 100 gr Flat base .There is an exception with the Targetz projectiles.
    My BRNO just loves the 87 gr Bthp .
    kidmac42 likes this.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post
    Reload for this beauty.

AR2209, 87gr Hornady BTSP, Muzzel velocity 2900fps.

You'll shoot the arse off a gnat at a hundy.

Cheers
    Pete
    kidmac42 likes this.

Ejected
    There is a couple of aspects to the why old brnos\PH are better than plastic fantastic's question. One is design as both of these rifles use a mauser type action. This is one of the stonger actions ever designed with a extra rear lug as well as the two front lugs and good gas control if a case ruptures. They are also a controlled feed rather than a push feed action which has certain advantages. Modern actions skip most of these features mainly because it's harder\more expensive to manufacture.

There is also the fact that metallurgy has changed over the years. In years past when they didn't have fancy alloys they used to use case hardening. This results in a bolt with a soft core but a very hard skin. As well as being very strong this also meant that the two hardened surfaces (hardened bolt and action) had very little friction and feels as smooth as glass. Handling a WWII mauser action will show this immediate difference.

A modern mauser would cost something like 5k to make today.
    john m and Tommy like this.

I love the sound of these actions when you cycle them, can't beat it. Goatcommander sorry to wander off topic but are you running any dogs these days?

I like the old husqvarna also

So I stuffed up majorly not grabbing a PH in .30-06 for $300? Haha.

Distantstalker dont worry i love a good spot of gun talk nowa days makes me jaw go all skatty. A
    Lot of stuff that is been said on this thread is all very true.
    And no im not running any dogs. But i do have a pet goat that ive been training up believe it or not. now lets be honest i know its not going to be a holder. But if she bails n sniffs a mob out for me or calks a few billys in, then mate.. im a happy man.
    Shes not gun shy but her fitness is a big issue im working on. shes a bit bloody lazy. Loves the comfort of my mountain mule. keeps me fit carrying her round like that tho.. i kick her out tho when its time to get our stalk on haha. Na shes a bloody good goat mate
    Pointer and Scouser like this.