Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Peak View Shooting Range & Nighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    There is more too this story that Stuff omitted.. surprise surprise. The neighbour was reported for having firearms they were not meant to be in possession of, suddenly they had a problem with the range.
    Any link to that?

(Plurry double post …!)
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Colfo commented details on a facebook post but I can't find it. The complainer named in the article is a convicted drug dealer that lost his firearms after police worked with the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    “Noise has also been a subject of contention. On the day of a shooting competition in November 2021, Smart recorded 257 gunshots heard from outside his house between 8.35am and 11am”. Fuck me dead, Rushy’s neighbours heard twice that number of shots coming from this place today.
    I was at that competition and he was caught on camera trespassing at that time to go count the shots... and only 257... surprised he can count that high... but I'm pretty sure I missed more shots than that
    Pengy and PeakViewRange like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Article in Stuff about neighbours to a shooting range by Wangmoa River complaining about the range.

Maybe somebody could post a link to it as I can’t.
    Gotta love the free advertising...
    For those curious, yes they found a loophole in that the public access to Hori Bay beach via the Hori Bay bridge is not NCC owned but LINZ/Crown owned - meaning its not actually public from the councils perspective and we had to get a traffic engineer out to assess it.
    From a noise perspective, Our nearest neighbour is 630m away, under the nelson rules you can use explosives within 500m of a residence (eg quarry blasting) and have aircraft commercially within 200m of a residence or 500ft as per CAA rules.
    We have a NZ standards compliant sound reader and have great fun testing our gear particularly how quiet different brands of suppressors are - and we are compliant with NCC rules with a muzzle braked 50cal at 147m from the firing point.

As law abiding citizens, us and our members are happy to work with NZ police to help take illegal guns off the street and out of the hands of criminals - its just a shame that the council entertains the false complaints.

If you're keen to check out the range or just support us then we have a membership option on the website that gives you access to the booking calendar and other things.
    Our memberships are from $260/year (no range fees after that), we host various competitions and offer lessons, plus we also have 5-star accommodation on-site and can help you organise a getaway with a bit of range time too

Just found the forum when someone sent it to me so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the website... google it I guess.
    madjon_, 199p, Shearer and 11 others like this.

Since when do you own a blackout? I'm selling mine soon if you need one

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Natdidme View Post
    I heard* that the gun range* guy called* cops* on the neighbour made up all the stores* after that neighbour said he didn't want a gun range in the neighbourhood . Sounds like* gun range guy is a nark.**

Wondering what other bull shit that range guy is saying I'll let you know what I find out.
    Take your meds and fuck off.
    Trout, Gillie, Pengy and 7 others like this.

Hmm just watching all the NEW MEMBERS posts coming out of the top of the SouthIsland.5 star accommadation on a rifle range.hmmm

Whichever side of the argument you are on here, please refrain from posting unsubstantiated rumour, or insults. As firearm owners (and adults) we maintain a standard of responsible behavior and maturity.

I'm sure this matter is well worth discussing, as it effects us all in some way, but have some standards while doing so. Otherwise, you do yourself - and any particular community you may represent - a great disservice.

Name:  81604042_3240986602595161_4839457656076763136_n.png
Views: 341
Size:  122.8 KB
    Cyclops, Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

Haven’t been there myself but a few Marlborough Deerstalkers Members have been a couple of times and reckon it’s not a bad setup, with some challenging targets. Heard they’ve got accomodation on the property but again no personal experience. Good on him for having a go, we need to encourage more shooting ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Natdidme View Post
    Looks like this gun range guy tells alot of bull shit .
    I believe he was kicked out of the Australian Navy for doing something relly bad to a young boy Recruit. Moves to Nelson lies to everyone and thinks that's OK.
    Ok Salty neighbour guy, try sticking your fingers in your ears. Push hard enough and you might even find a brain in there.
    PeakViewRange likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Hmm just watching all the NEW MEMBERS posts coming out of the top of the SouthIsland.5 star accommadation on a rifle range.hmmm
    They are actually legitimate, do a search on peak view retreat.

For the record I haven't been there, but going by their advertising it looks like a decent setup to keep the other half happy while you shoot stuff.
    Trout, woods223 and PeakViewRange like this.

https://www.peakviewretreat.com/ and https://www.peakviewrange.com/

I just googled it and must say it does look very impressive.

Looks a good set up,too crowded for me.

For us city plebs, it looks like where you go in the afterlife after being a very good person!!!
    Trout, Micky Duck and Finnwolf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    https://www.peakviewretreat.com/ and https://www.peakviewrange.com/

I just googled it and must say it does look very impressive.
    Thats the one