Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Random innaccuracy?

THinking it was likely the recoil lug, put stock on again last night and made sure recoil lug was tight to start. Will see how it goes this weekend
    stug and leckiefl like this.
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit ......... wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Tried cleaning the barrel?
    I had similar concerns recently.
    Gave it a quick clean with gunslick foam and it instantly tightened up again.
    Had just been using inox to keep nasties away. But it appears fouling had got passed the point of being benificial.
    Second this, do your usual idiot checks and a give the barrel, throat a very good scrub. carbon ring build could be a cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Second this, do your usual idiot checks and a give the barrel, throat a very good scrub. carbon ring build could be a cause.
    Yea I keep barrel pretty clean and did so when I refit stock yesterday so will see how we go this weekend. I expect her to be shooting tight ��
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit ......... wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Check the scope is on tight.

As others have said I would check that it is sitting correctly in the stock / recoil lug and not over torque it when putting it back in the stock.

I also recently had an issue with a tikka 7mm rem mag after getting a supressor to replace the muzzle break that I’d been using for years.

groups went all over the show Ended up being an issue with the thread, got that sorted and it’s back to shooting great.
    jpurdon likes this.