Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Right hand left eye?

Seems like there are a few of in the same situation... I also just shoot left handed with right handed guns.

Quote Originally Posted by shooternz View Post
    Have you looked at getting corrective glasses you could be intitled to help from ACC if they are work related

Unfortunately not native to NZ and more of a defect that corrective lenses can't fix which is the bugger about it all.
    Even with lenses in still a long way off where my left eye is.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by GMH72 View Post
    Seems like there are a few of in the same situation... I also just shoot left handed with right handed guns.
    I shouldered up the rifle left shoulder but cycling bolt on right, damn that was weird and would require come considerable training however keen to try most options.

IS there any engineers that could manufacture rings to have the scope hang out to the left or is that just a step too far?
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    I shouldered up the rifle left shoulder but cycling bolt on right, damn that was weird and would require come considerable training however keen to try most options.

IS there any engineers that could manufacture rings to have the scope hang out to the left or is that just a step too far?
    I looked at that but its got to be offset about 70mm it would get knocked around when hunting.
    I cut the top out of a stock so my left eye lined up with the scope with my head on its side. worked ok standing but I couldn't lie down and my thumb was hard against my nose so recoil wasn't nice.
    Go out and shoot lots of rabbits left handed and it will get easier.
    Willie likes this.