Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pommy
  • 4 Post By Ryan_Songhurst

Thread: RUGER AMERICAN HUNTER

Lest We Forget

RUGER AMERICAN HUNTER

Hi guys, interested to know if anyone owns or has shot a Ruger American Hunter in either 308 or 6.5CM. How have you found it, how well does it group and how far have you take it out to?
    There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info about them online. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

There's shit loads of reviews of them online.

Bolts are a bit rough and the stocks leave a lot to be desired, but they're decently functional and accurate rifles.
    Stealth_Gorilla likes this.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

I had one in .223.

Agricultural but funcional is how I'd describe them. Certainly accurate enough.

Try who tee who on YouTube loves almost all Rugers

Old man has a American ranch in 7.62x39 and he loves the thing, does most things with an AR but it gets a ride every now and then. I've had a feel of a new one and the bolt left a lot to be desired but his has probably done over 2000 rounds by now (commercial shooter) and it's super slick and he reckons its tips stuff over when you point it in the right direction
    Name:  received_1086758166061861.jpeg
Views: 269
Size:  303.3 KB
    Swanny, dannyb, Happy Jack and 1 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I had one in 308, to be honest it was a pretty good rifle,
    The bolt machining was like that from a mass produced factory but not bad. They aren't say Tikka finish which isn't that flash anyway. Mine grouped well and killed animals past 300. I'd get another if one popped up cheap.
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

Ruger Americans all seem to shoot,i have 2 and they both shoot very tight groups.they are cheap and also feel cheap.

H.M
    Use a predator in 223 3-4 nights a week, nothing fancy but very accurate. Feeds flawlessly. Bolts get better after few hundred rounds. Highly recommend if thats your budget, if you can stretch a few hundy more get a tikka.