Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ruger American RifleŽ Compact Bolt-Action Rifle Model 6914

I have the All weather compact .223 model 6914 and yes it is cheap and could be finished off better, but then end of the day it shoots well not given me any issues.
    The mag is very basic but for the occasional deer shoot and some possum bashing its does me well. The compact stock is a little short for me but now getting use to it.
    Yet to find our deer now, seems they cottoned onto the possums being shot and are keeping a low profile

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I walked into a shop on my lunch break a couple of weeks ago and barely had to touch the stock and it smacked the barrel. You could bloody near sneeze on it and it'll hit the barrel it was so flimsy
    Pretty much standard practice with all and any of the sub 1k synthetics rifles. I handled a bunch before I got the 6.5 and they were all as bad as each other. Apparently an easy fix with some forend fill and a carbon arrow shaft, but that seemed like hard work so I brought a laminate
    Toby likes this.

I've got the standard sized all weather American in 223. I love it. Sure, its not of the quality of the build of tikka etc but if that's what your after buy a m77 hawk eye. What these are is a well priced rifle with a lesser build quality to achieve that.
    For me, its a rifle. Its purpose is to shot a bullet and if it does it accurately then it is a good rifle. I don't care about how it looks or feels, both of which I do like with this rifle which is a bonus but what I do know is it shoots very well. My First time ever at a range, whangarei deer stalkers range at 100m. Hornady 55gr sp training ammo.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1425981015915.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  18.5 KB
    The magazine is flush, five shot and feeds very well. The bolt is smooth enough but improves with use and the stock feels good to me.
    If you want a top quality rifle that is perfect so you can show pictures on forums of how flash it is go and spend twice the cost of one of these. If you want a well priced rifle that shoots accurately, buy the American.
    Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.