Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Russian Capture pistols and MG's

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    There is a article in guns and hunting on old WW1 German machine guns - concreted into buildings in NZ

Thankfully some have been recovered and restored - especially with historical meaning for NZ

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    Where do you think the following groups got their deniable mg42's,34's STG44's and K98s?
    PLO
    SWAPO
    PLAN
    ANC
    SACP
    & The Vietcong

Why not look into things yourself before you get your red crayon out?
    I should have been more accurate with my message - I was reacting to Syria comment more than the origin post
    Re the above insurgent groups - yes you will be correct - but remember Russia was Soviet comprising of many countries that now are all independent again.
    Some of which are still supplying weaponry to Terrorist and insurgent groups

The flip side to this (what arks me up) is the "other side" never seem to gain the same negative/vitriol traction that Russia does - especially the last few years.
    Re the above - the "other side" was supplied weapons by who ??

I will not debate which side was correct in its stand/intent
    Dublin and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    I should have been more accurate with my message - I was reacting to Syria comment more than the origin post
    Re the above insurgent groups - yes you will be correct - but remember Russia was Soviet comprising of many countries that now are all independent again.

The flip side to this (what arks me up) is the "other side" never seem to gain the same negative/vitriol traction that Russia does - especially the last few years.

Germany openly supplied tons of G3s to the Kurds. No secret, saw if on German television. They talked about old but still working weapons....I just sat and drooled. Bet they had all been gone over carefully by an armourer before storage or shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Germany openly supplied tons of G3s to the Kurds. No secret, saw if on German television. They talked about old but still working weapons....I just sat and drooled. Bet they had all been gone over carefully by an armourer before storage or shipment.
    Lets not start on who supplied the insurgence factions/terrorist groups in Middle East this last 20 years.
    BIG money in Wars !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post

Every Government supplies weapons to other Countries and " Groups " , it is done for either Political / Money reasons or just for the chance to mess up someone else's deal . The only side that is in the "Right " is the side that wins , because the Victor ( winner ) gets to write the history
    veitnamcam, Dublin, Sarvo and 1 others like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Im an insurgent group, can I please have some free historical firearms? actually i'll have some new ones too if that's not too much to ask?
    Please.
    And thankyou. (sitting upright with arms and legs crossed)
    And I am the leader of Rushy’s Liberation Army so I will also join the queue as we are currently armed with two sticks and a rock. Thank you
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    And I am the leader of Rushy’s Liberation Army so I will also join the queue as we are currently armed with two sticks and a rock. Thank you
    I think you may have got the measurements wrong - your army is holding onto a stick with 2 rocks.....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I think you may have got the measurements wrong - your army is holding onto a stick with 2 rocks.....
    We have learnt that when you get you rocks off it gets a bit sticky. Ha ha ha ha
    Beaker, Moa Hunter and 40mm like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Be careful RLA. Those weapons are mine.
    Use enough gun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    Where do you think the following groups got their deniable mg42's,34's STG44's and K98s?
    PLO
    SWAPO
    PLAN
    ANC
    SACP
    & The Veitcong

Why not look into things yourself before you get your red crayon out?
    They got them from God. Their prayers were answered. I to have been praying nightly for an MG 42, but sadly my previous sins seemed to have interfered with its divine delivery.

Even in 1979 Rhodesian security forces were still picking up MG-34 machine guns off of dead terrs. They were not extensively used though as quantities of Communist supplied weapons and ammunition were prolific and tolerated neglect far better.

Don't recall instances of MG-xx turning up with PLAN (the armed wing of SWAPO, which is the political entity), or any of the domestic South African liberation movements. MK in particular, preferred laying mines and firing RPG-7s. They eschewed direct confrontation as when they were able to be brought to contact by the SAP or SADF, it tended not to go too well for them.

Still - it wouldn't surprise me if they were around though.

Apparently the StG-44s were used by East Germany after the war and then given to the Syrian government as aid to fight Israel. After sitting in the armory for 30+ years they were then looted from an armory by the insurgents.

Ok so if I cant have a MG42 even a Luger would be ok??? PS please please please melt some Nagant rifles instead to make your steps.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Banned
    A German mate of mine who did his GDR CMT back in the nineties told me that the goal when they were behind the MG42, or as Timo called it 'The Bone Saw' was to fire three shot bursts. Pretty hard to do but a lot of fun practicing no doubt !!
    The other thing to save from the step-makers furnace would be any 88 mm guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    A German mate of mine who did his GDR CMT back in the nineties told me that the goal when they were behind the MG42, or as Timo called it 'The Bone Saw' was to fire three shot bursts. Pretty hard to do but a lot of fun practicing no doubt !!
    The other thing to save from the step-makers furnace would be any 88 mm guns.
    You are right. Soo fast. 1000-1300 rpm for the MG3 is about 20 a second. Downregulated from the wartime MG42, was it 2000rpm? The real saw.

From Wikipedia, another one of my cut and paste postings for @40mm's amusement too:

Operation
    The German military instructs sustained fire must be avoided at all costs. In the bipod mounted light machine gun role MG 3 users are trained to fire short bursts of 3 to 5 rounds and strive to optimize their aim between bursts fired in succession. In the tripod mounted medium machine gun role MG 3 users are trained to fire short bursts and bursts of 20 to 30 rounds and strive to optimize their aim between bursts fired in succession.

As for the sacrilege of melting down 88mm cannon, Wikipedia is strangely silent.... O-:>

My old man's unit liberated a 88 in North Africa they had a play with it for a couple weeks then had it taken off them would have been tricky trying to smuggle it home
    but they did manage an MG34 and a few other goodies,
    The big counties all supply the combatants in the middle east with arms either directly or through a third party while one lot of politicians are trying to negotiate a peace deal
    others are doing arms deals behind their backs, America England France Germany China and any other country with an arms industry is in on the game make money any way they can
    if they stopped suppling arms to the Syrian conflict it would have petered out years ago.
    Moa Hunter and 40mm like this.