Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Russian Capture pistols and MG's

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    And I am the leader of Rushy’s Liberation Army so I will also join the queue as we are currently armed with two sticks and a rock. Thank you
    EL PRESIDENTE!
    Max Headroom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankd View Post
    I suppose the STG 44/ 45's found in Syria where just there on holiday ????:
    Sadly the reality is that the only real market for these firearms is the US and the chances of them ending up there are , zero to nothing .
    No thats not correct. The UK obtain boatloads of Russian stuff and then deact it, or sell it to dealers like me. I have imported a fair few of those green crates full of Russian capture stuff into NZ. But as with all good things, its come to an end as it seems too difficult to get the weapons out of Russia. In years past, they were shipped out at the closest port, but law changes have necessitated skirting round countries that are not "gun transiting through them" friendly, and the shipping cost makes it uneconomical now.

I see where you are coming from , but there are hundreds of crates , and the machine guns would be unlikely to be brought in any numbers because of US regulations . Then there is the fact as to who " owns " these weapons , which runs into the Sanctions on Russia . Sadly the only market that could absorb a large portion of the rifles and pistols is the USA , with some piggy backing of others for the crumbs . But really there could be a massive " hidden " cache in Russia that has been forgotten , who knows what that will emerge ? .

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Seems a bit silly to smelt them down now,when they have been stored for long they are now collectible arms and worth good money on the open market.
    Not worth that much if the Russians dump them all onto the open market in one go.