Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sorting 22lr

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    CCI is well known to stick in tight chambers (i.e. anything that isn't a loose as a goose 10\22). They started making it with oversized projectiles so that it shoots better in 10/22's and that make it stick in things like brnos. Good ammo though.
    I'm finding some sticking in my new Ruger American Rifle, glad to see it is more likely the CCI and not the Ruger being the problem. Had three out of 100 rounds fail to eject. (so far )

Be aware that EVERY .22 rifle will favour one brand of ammo over all others- how do you find that magic brand? Buy a lot of different brands, hold the rifle in exactly the same way for every shot, and experiment! It ain't easy!
    WallyR likes this.

Yep Ranger - except the pension doesn't allow too much experimentation.
    With CCI last week, shot my very first 100 with 6X's.
    Still had a couple of sticky cases that needed some bolt cycling before it came out.
    Also noted that the sticky cases usually required more effort to close the bolt.
    On the second attempt to extract, opened the bolt very slowly and you could almost 'feel' the case releasing - like dragging a shoe against rough ground.
    As the Annie doesn't normally feel like this, can only assume that the case has 'stuck' in the chamber and is literally 'dragging its heels) during the extraction movement.
    Wouldn't swap the 'old girl' (and the missus), for something else now
    Have got an old Phillipino made Stirling M1400, for the Win subs that I've been given.
    Trouble is - the trigger is crap.
    But still shot 92.2 with it a couple of months ago, with an old Jap made 2 1/2X scope, using CCI.
    So - other than the sticky extraction issue - am pretty happy with CCI target.
    Just bought @Maca49's last brick off him last week.
    So got plenty of Eley and CCI to play with.