Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Suprising accuracy.....22 semi

The only problem is if you chop the barrel and accuracy goes south, it's pretty hard reattaching it
    Looks like you've already got a winner.. personally I wouldn't mess with it if it shoots like that consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel L View Post
    The only problem is if you chop the barrel and accuracy goes south, it's pretty hard reattaching it
    Looks like you've already got a winner.. personally I wouldn't mess with it if it shoots like that consistently.
    Need to aquire some more cci subs and print off a sheet of targets to do multiple groups me thinks
    I did shoot multiple groups with it today and the group pictured is typical of what it will shoot with cci subs
    #DANNYCENT

yip I agree 100%,leave it alone...for at least a year...if yo uhavent onsold it by then you will either be used to it,or 100% sure it needs to be shorter.... funny thing using subs through long barrel is quiet enough the need to fit suppressor is just about moot point.
    veitnamcam, 223nut and Finnwolf like this.

I have a ??hush power ??? here with 1;20 thread you can use ,pick it up next time we meet up....
    dannyb likes this.

MB
    Nice, I'd go for something like a 14 inch barrel and an over-barrel suppressor (Hardy).

My mate asked me to zero his rusty 10/22 of unknown parentage as he was struggling. I expected a shotgun spread and it made one hole at 50 metres!
    Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Nice, I'd go for something like a 14 inch barrel and an over-barrel suppressor (Hardy).

My mate asked me to zero his rusty 10/22 of unknown parentage as he was struggling. I expected a shotgun spread and it made one hole at 50 metres!
    I picked up a gunworks suppressor today, was thinking 12"-14" not in a hurry to chop it as it is already threaded, will see if length is an issue as I bought this on a whim didn't need or really want it it may only get used on a range
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Remember those silencers I had when I met you and @Moa Hunter couple of years back?
    If you were in no rush I could have a crack at an over barrel type for you
    dannyb likes this.

No reason to think a 22 semi will be less accurate than a bolt. It's the trigger that let many down.
    dannyb likes this.

That's a nice looking and great shooting rifle. What length barrel does it have now? If you do cut it even a 16 inch barrel would be a lot more useable and should still shoot well. I guess it will be a gamble if you do shorten it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    That's a nice looking and great shooting rifle. What length barrel does it have now? If you do cut it even a 16 inch barrel would be a lot more useable and should still shoot well. I guess it will be a gamble if you do shorten it.
    Yeah I'm conflicted, haven't measured it but it's probably 22" or there abouts so quite long. I think it would be much nicer at 14"-16" but yeah it shoots so darn well I am hesitant to mess with it....
    Tested it with the gunworks suppressor and it's seriously quiet, like you hear the bolt cycle and that's it.
    Mooseman and Micky Duck like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Yeah I'm conflicted, haven't measured it but it's probably 22" or there abouts so quite long. I think it would be much nicer at 14"-16" but yeah it shoots so darn well I am hesitant to mess with it....
    Tested it with the gunworks suppressor and it's seriously quiet, like you hear the bolt cycle and that's it.
    It wont be that quiet if you shorten it.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    It wont be that quiet if you shorten it.
    Not really an issue
    #DANNYCENT

MB
    Accuracy on my CZ actually improved after chopping the barrel. DPT did the work. Depends on what you want it for. For small game stuff, I find long barrels a pain in the arse and confer no benefits. If it doesn't bother you, then leave it be.

Leave it as is, if you really have to do it then 18 inch's .
    Let Joe 90 know when your down this way and see if we can organize a meet up. That's a cool little rig .

@dannyb eating vege can make it possible only to get a "semi" not a good solid "pump action"

sorry guys, its a well natured joke, he keeps kidding me about my carnivorous appetite, i keep making fun of him being a dwarf
    dannyb and Joe_90 like this.