Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tarata 800 - Medium Range Steel Shoot - Saturday 16th of March 2013

Banned
    yea man im just running ideas around my abyss to see what sort of snap it wil be but ill ring ya sunday and weill rattle it together

Have you shot "Action M" before?

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    yea man im just running ideas around my abyss to see what sort of snap it wil be but ill ring ya sunday and weill rattle it together
    Got a location?
    What's the max cal size we can bring?

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Got a location?
    What's the max cal size we can bring?
    Best you wait till we confirm some details for the next Dannevirke event. Almost nothing has been decided as yet. If you have a location in mind then please get in touch with Neckshot via PM. I suspect, but cannot confirm, that there will be a calibre limitation of under 8mm and no full length magnums for the Dannevirke event.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Best you wait till we confirm some details for the next Dannevirke event. Almost nothing has been decided as yet. If you have a location in mind then please get in touch with Neckshot via PM. I suspect, but cannot confirm, that there will be a calibre limitation of under 8mm and no full length magnums for the Dannevirke event.

Is it the gongs or the location that is the limiting factor?

For the Dannevirke event the limitation is the targets and the distances likely to be involved. As i said basically nothing has been decided though. The no full length magnum rule is a convenient cut off well as it is easy to explain and easy to enforce on the day.

Banned
    Location is not a limmiting factor we have plenty to choose from over here more details will be posted on the event closer to the time didnt mean to bomb this thread so keepp ya pants on till then.And one more thing the dannivirke shoot will be geard toward bush hunter's just because it isnt a longrange event dosnt mean there's a problem if you wanna shoot longrange feild shoots gillie is running plenty around the lower to mid part of this island.
    199p likes this.

Weather for next Saturday is not looking too bad at this stage.

Not too many people have contacted me so there are plenty of spots left it if you want to come along.

To be clear this shoot is to be held in Taranaki, 40 minutes from New Plymouth and even closer to Stratford.

Im gutted was really looking forward to this, It was ment to be a weekend off stockcars but now they have put a meeting on.

Hopfully can make it to the next one.

Cheers Gillie

me +1 looking forward to it

I have a had a shoot format written for this shoot for a little while now but i have just been watching the videos associated with the Fort Benning Annual Sniper Competition and had a bit of inspiration. Is it too hard to allow only one maybe two shots at an unknown distance target? That pretty much reflects a hunting scenario, how many animals would hang round to let you fire 5 shots? My shoot format had each shooter firing up to 5 shots a target for reducing point values.

Due to the number of people coming (well at the moment at least), changing the format and increasing the number of targets won't be a problem.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Good on ya Gillie! Another outing I wish I could, but cant attend. Can you move to the South Island? I will keep an eye out for one of your shoots next year and make the trip over if I am still here in Oz. I have met a couple like minded idividuals here that would love to come over as well. Do you allow decendants of criminals to attend? They can hold the plates up I spose.
    They'd just try and steal the plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    They'd just try and steal the plates.
    And claim that they are theirs too ! Biggest sore losers in the world, period. ok off soap box back on topic, my bad

RUNAS

Weather is still looking awesome. Fine, cloudy at times, light winds. High of 23!

Still spots open for those who want to come along. Be about 10 of use there at this stage.

thanks for a very good day had a plast terry and adion