Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Texas : 1MOA at 2 miles / 3.3km

I think a little bit of luck crept in there. I'd like to see them get out and do it again
    Shearer likes this.

DAF
    It's a great range, was there for a couple of weeks last year, they have steel animal targets out to a really long long way. Fun place to shoot
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

Banned
    I'm not an expurt but don't see how that shot is impossible.he hit it twice in 8 shots correct? . And is it possible that the wind was moving left to right and so wind was working against spin drift helping him to only require 2 moa of windage? These days I see this as doable with the gear they use Kiwigreg will probably now be looking to find a 2mile range and a big chunk of steel 175 moa Holly shit!!!! @DAF would they have been very elevated from the target? .just some thoughs would loved to see actual footage of course

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    I'm not an expurt but don't see how that shot is impossible.he hit it twice in 8 shots correct? . And is it possible that the wind was moving left to right and so wind was working against spin drift helping him to only require 2 moa of windage? These days I see this as doable with the gear they use Kiwigreg will probably now be looking to find a 2mile range and a big chunk of steel 175 moa Holly shit!!!! @DAF would they have been very elevated from the target? .just some thoughs would loved to see actual footage of course

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2
    Wind is not a totally horizontal thing. Air moves up and down too which makes shooting at those kinds of distances extraordinary.
    ebf likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Wind is not a totally horizontal thing. Air moves up and down too which makes shooting at those kinds of distances extraordinary.
    yep im just throwing up a question as to why some people think 2moa of wind is unbelievable at that distance, who can tell me what the spin drift would be over that distance?

Texas : 1MOA at 2 miles / 3.3km

yep im just throwing up a question as to why some people think 2moa of wind is unbelievable at that distance, who can tell me what the spin drift would be over that distance?
    Heaps mate around 5 moa!!!!!!, it's just an add mate. At that range lots of really weird shit happens
    One day we stretched the 375 out two 2200 yards on one of those big plates.....it wasn't easy at all.
    As I said earlier the data is all shit bro, you wouldn't even see a 1 moa target at that range with the optics they where using

I will add the even with just 1 mph of wind at that range Jase your looking at around 7 moa!!!!!!
    When your stretching shots way out there...... You have all sorts of weird wind two contend with
    ebf likes this.

Yeah. Sorry. Was just trying to point out that wind is a 3 dimensional thing. It goes left/right, up/down, away from you and towards you. To be able to accurately judge these things to shoot 1moa over 3ks is pretty dam amazing.

DAF
    We were shooting up to the big buffalo , the whole range is at quite a high Altitude the some people suffered and took time to adapt,
    There are lots of places to shoot from the complex is huge
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Heaps mate around 5 moa!!!!!!, it's just an add mate. At that range lots of really weird shit happens
    One day we stretched the 375 out two 2200 yards on one of those big plates.....it wasn't easy at all.
    As I said earlier the data is all shit bro, you wouldn't even see a 1 moa target at that range with the optics they where using
    Yeah ok but 2 hits out of 8 seams believable to me don't you think? if he said 8 out of 8 or even 5 id be suss but.........how big a plate you got???
    DAF likes this.

Banned
    And could they of had indicators to help them spot the 1 moa plate? possible? it would make sense

Yeah ok but 2 hits out of 8 seams believable to me don't you think? if he said 8 out of 8 or even 5 id be suss but.........how big a plate you got???
    I'm still calling bullshit at 2200 our plate is 1.5moa from memory bro.

I'm curious as to what the max distance people that are saying this shot is doable have shot to?

Interesting that the people I know have shot extended range, but still well short of the 3300mtrs claimed here, are all saying its bullshit.

As I said earlier, all the data stated in that link are rubbish.

IF it happened, and that is a big arse IF, it would be a complete fluke.

Anyone claiming a fluke like that is a complete knob.
    BRADS likes this.

Banned
    I'm still calling bullshit at 2200 our plate is 1.5moa from memory bro.
    fair call mate I personaly I think its legit simply because he only hit it 2 out of 8 times As in he had a low hit rate but im not an expurt.Would putting a 6" or 4" gong out to a certain distance be a challenge the same? I realise there is less wind and distance but its still a small target out past 1200 to 1600 yards what do you fullas reckon could just be a waste or projectiles..................but if you hit it!!

When your stretching shots way out there...... You have all sorts of weird wind two contend with
    I guess its possible that in certain freak conditions you could get winds compensating for each other and ending up with minimal correction. May not be likely, but possible?

And could they of had indicators to help them spot the 1 moa plate? possible? it would make sense
    Got me thinking... what if he was dialled in to be seeing and hitting the 4moa plate, then stuck the 1moa plate in the middle of the 4moa one and 2 of his shots hit it. The spread within the 4moa might well be purely down to luck, but who hasn't claimed a 100m+ 22LR rabbit headshot as skill when they were just aiming somewhere above it with a 4x scope?

I'm just speculating, I don't shoot long enough range to know whats possible and what isn't. I'd like to think they aren't just making the whole thing up though.