Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Wind , mirage the last Frontier

This video has bullet trace and some mirage to view for those that havent seen much -always good to have visual aids

Last edited by el borracho; 27-04-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Nice Andrew. I have always wanted the SAUM in 7 mm. Got a model 7 in .308 with an HS precision stock that could do with a make over.
    I have to come up one day to have a look at some new country.
    Come up any time you want R93, bring your 308, Sika are great fun to hunt. I have some new lookouts cut this year and they are producing well.

The model 7 in saum is a winner, I loved mine for the Kaweka high country, light as.

And enough grunt to smote redskins

R93
    They are great fun. I have fluked a nice eight but it lives in turangi somewhere. I have not seen it since the eighties. It will not be a .308 by the time it gets up there mate. It will be a poofter new latte cal or 7mmsaum. I want the 7mm if it is not to hard to get the magazine sorted.
    I will bring the little .260 IMP so I can sneak around the scrub as well.

With respect guys how about having your conversation on another thread and keep to plan on this one

Caretaker
    Go 7mm, saves you from having two latte calibers.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    With respect guys how about having your conversation on another thread and keep to plan on this one
    My pictures had wind in them...

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    My pictures had wind in them...

Terribly sorry. I will refrain from posting on your threads in future.

you guys have been on other forums -quickest way to ruin someones thread is post images that dont relate to wind and mirage and talk about your sticky grip rifle .This is about building information for others to read about Mirage and wind -add to if you can or learn and ask releant questions and someone may help you unless you have finnished the journey of learning ???

AB Precision
    you guys have been on other forums -quickest way to ruin someones thread is post images that dont relate to wind and mirage and talk about your sticky grip rifle .This is about building information for others to read about Mirage and wind -add to if you can or learn and ask releant questions and someone may help you unless you have finnished the journey of learning ???
    No ones finshed there mate post up some more vids of you videoing yourself woffling about on an on yo have a few vids on youtube talking alotttttttttttttttttttt

to much spare time? make us a vid with your wind findings that will keep you busy

it is a shame Tui_man2 you find a subject like this not worthy of adding to -I would ask is this forum just like at pub to you , chat with the boys tell how big your dick is and go home all proud having accomplished nothing -I would well imagine new shooters will be incouraged and helped by you to evolve this sport and forum !! Yeah right
    So far there are a few interested in this subject but it appear most are haters and tall poppy cutters that have little to nothing to offer ???

AB Precision
    it is a shame Tui_man2 you find a subject like this not worthy of adding to -I would ask is this forum just like at pub to you , chat with the boys tell how big your dick is and go home all proud having accomplished nothing -I would well imagine new shooters will be incouraged and helped by you to evolve this sport and forum !! Yeah right
    Dont know what pub you go to there in auckland mate.......but what ever floats your boat

Everone has there own ways of doing things thats what makes good shooters an average shooters

New shooters shouldnt be trying to go far enought for a start for these things to matter, so would be a case of learning the basics first

Wind and Mirage are the basics and the sooner you learn to use them to assist you the better .It appears several here feel uncomfortable with this great topic or the fact it has been posted ?? As this forum grows from friends to unknowns these topics will be asked about often -I am pressuming you guys want this forum to grow and have great info on it ??????? .
    I am about helping people especially new shooters or those that know less than me hence this post -if you guys know it all add to the thread .

There are many good things on the net that one can post so you dont need to write a book or do a film if you have an offering that says what you want to portray- you dont need to envent the wheel or feel that you are cheating by publishing sound findings done by others .
    I dont go to the Pub in Auckland and currently I dont drink -Charnui English breakfast tea milk no sugar with a dash of classical music to relax with

AB Precision
    Wind and Mirage are the basics and the sooner you learn to use them to assist you the better .It appears several here feel uncomfortable with this great topic or the fact it has been posted ?? As this forum grows from friends to unknowns these topics will be asked about often -I am pressuming you guys want this forum to grow and have great info on it ??????? .
    I am about helping people especially new shooters or those that know less than me hence this post -if you guys know it all add to the thread .

There are many good things on the net that one can post so you dont need to write a book or do a film if you have an offering that says what you want to portray- you dont need to envent the wheel or feel that you are cheating by publishing sound findings done by others .
    I dont go to the Pub in Auckland and currently I dont drink -Charnui English breakfast tea milk no sugar with a dash of classical music to relax with
    They might be basics but if you cant hit the arse end of a barn out to 500m then in the real world you dont have to know about wind an mirage as the distance you will be shooting they wont matter enough to miss anyway.

Mirages has never bothered me much for the target shooting days cant give away one easy way to limit that.......
    Wind just look at the vegetation arond like what has been posted it takes time to learn an like i say people get use to things different ways, a with long range cals you can limit this to some degree also

I dont visit the pub much either but know how to have a drink or 2

R93

Thats where you IMHO are wrong, wind and mirage are not and should not be considered the basics when it comes to LR shooting. If they were, everyone that could shoot a reasonable group, say MOA at a 100 would be LR competent.
    I have seen most of the posters on this thread shoot LR, they are above average shots and have heard good things about most of the others from those in the know. I have only read that you are any good from your posts. You are coming across as a little elitist on the subject, which is fine but maybe a reason the thread has not been added too by others.
    Last edited by R93; 28-04-2012 at 09:10 PM.

you and others would rather hate than help other shooters -move along and gas with your pals and brew up jelousy , tall poopy syndrome and hate -itll get boring pretty quick -me I will focus on this thread and those that are enjoing what has been posted so fa and hope some positive people join in on it and give their opinion and knowledge -haha elitist and boring --oh god I think I sharded -do you feel challenged by me not being a part of your click and being out going R93 - you could see the latest Guns and Hunting magazine I think I get a mention for my shooting ability on "that day"-How about you , you any good?? I never forget though hero to zero zero to hero -its just the way it goes .

Now how about we stop this small minded shit and get a good thread happening again