Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Wind , mirage the last Frontier

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    I dont know if the rest of you can shoot but some of the people i have shot with have proven track records which i use as bench marks against other shooters.
    These people do it for jobs and their lives and makes me feel like a learner with their skills and knowledge they have which i sometimes have the privlidge of been shared with me.
    Thats what competitions are great for they weed out the b/s and are great levelers of over confidence of ones abillty .

A nice freindly get together would be well worth while for some interesting l/r shooting!

Cheers Andy
    Ok? How do you do LR for a job and your life unless you are military? There is only handful that can attest to that. Seriously, I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Ok? How do you do LR for a job and your life unless you are military? There is only handful that can attest to that. Seriously, I am curious.
    R93 Andy has friends that are very qualified shooters and the day he beat me at the "GUNSLINGER OOOHHH BAD WORD shoot his good made was calling his wind -he was the Senior Sniper Instructor from around his way -satisfied

AB Precision
    HAHA your dragging this off topic just about more than anyone else there cheif

If you attend an do all this shooting a vid to tell us how to do it wont take that long?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    R93 Andy has friends that are very qualified shooters and the day he beat me at the "GUNSLINGER OOOHHH BAD WORD shoot his good made was calling his wind -he was the Senior Sniper Instructor from around his way -satisfied
    News for you ELb. There is NO such thing as a senior sniper instructor in NZ. And if anyone has told you that, they are most likely a wannabe pouge idiot that has never dawned a gillies suit.
    Pm me the persons name please. I will confirm this further in minutes.
    Also the day he beat you at GSlinger? Seriously? were you 2 the only 2 there?

Impure Lead Flinger
    Lets see him show up in grey.... Hes welcome to come give us a lesson how to shoot... He can have his own wee competition in the corner against us while we all compete in a friendly manner and take the piss out of each other..

Hey abe 1st shot on the steel 1146m wit the 6.5 wasnt it lol

AB Precision
    News for you ELb. There is NO such thing as a senior sniper instructor in NZ. And if anyone has told you that, they are most likely a wannabe pouge idiot that has never dawned a gillies suit.
    .................................................. ...................its ok dave ill own up mate its me iv been hiding this all along but now i have the burden off my back i feel free

Tui_man2 battling fire breathing dragooons tends to expend energy for sure and take us away from the topic at hand but it seems from the mod that doesnt matter as Hi-Jack is ok here as long as your one of the crew !
    Now seriously me shooting alot -I shoot weekends as I am a worker 5 days a week at least 35 hours a week -I know I shouldnt put that much time into work and neglect the family but it is the big smoke up here and people demand alot .
    I guess a video would be good but who has the time to make one -I do have a camera and will try to film the Tekapo shoot in two weeks and post if I can , me shooting myself in the foot at half a yard due to a bad wind call and being blinded by mirage -seriously I will post !!!! It will be quite cool with 30 other shooters out there flys down pissing far to impress- hopefully mine goes furtherest if not se' la vie there is always tomorrow .

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    .................................................. ...................its ok dave ill own up mate its me iv been hiding this all along but now i have the burden off my back i feel free
    I knew it! Its that hair removal cream for men you use.......very decieving.

Also the day he beat you at GSlinger? Seriously? were you 2 the only 2 there?
    Sorry R93 I may have got that wrong and actually only seen Andy with a bald Ken Doll dressed in cammies --- I dont know youll have to PM him -he must have been very senior though cause Andyanimal beat me good and proper and my egos so big and unmatch by my inability there was no way I thought I could have lost

R93
    I am not interested as I know it is shit. There are only 3 units that employ these men in NZ. Courses and continuation trg are run at unit level. There is the School Of Infantry in Waiouru that used/maybe still does run cses. The best man they have there, is now a civilian.

I won a duckshooters sporting clay shoot once, can we start a thread so I can keep dropping this in?

Maybe youd better wait for an answer before doing a bicarbonate of soda in the coke bottle !!!And then again if the civvy guys bald maybe it was him ??? Pm Andy , if he wants to say who it was I am sure youll get to know

How long were you in the Wrens for

R93 Im sorry I couldnt help that ! Give me a high 5

I am not interested as I know it is shit. There are only 3 units that employ these men in NZ. Courses and continuation trg are run at unit level. There is the School Of Infantry in Waiouru that used/maybe still does run cses. The best man they have there, is now a civilian.

I won a duckshooters sporting clay shoot once, can we start a thread so I can keep dropping this in?
    Are they at Papakura by any chance?
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    Are they at Papakura by any chance?

Obviously.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I think we need to add to the forum charter "this forum contains no zeros and no heroes". The guys on here, some are national champs of different things, some are sitting in the mountains, by themselves, shooting very very long distances unwitnessed, some are ex-military with detailed training and enviable trigger time, some are "love a weekend banging gongs" people, some are hunters, some are varminters, some are absolute novices.

The guys that founded this forum, and those that have been attracted to it, are the non chest beating, neither zero, not hero types, who have no desire to see their name in lights, or to kiss big name arse. The theme around here is, 20 years experience, or 2 weeks, a good idea is a good idea, and a bad one is a bad one. And everyone is allowed to have that idea, and have its merits weighed, and receive a reasonable answer.

This thread, and the one before it are non stop squabbles, even though I think we are really all on the same page. El Borracho, take a little time to get used to the type of people on this forum, and our style of doing things, and the rest of you (myself included), cut him some slack untill he does.
    Well said. You are right. I will take this aboard as I am just as touchy.