Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Wind , mirage the last Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I think we need to add to the forum charter "this forum contains no zeros and no heroes". The guys on here, some are national champs of different things, some are sitting in the mountains, by themselves, shooting very very long distances unwitnessed, some are ex-military with detailed training and enviable trigger time, some are "love a weekend banging gongs" people, some are hunters, some are varminters, some are absolute novices.

The guys that founded this forum, and those that have been attracted to it, are the non chest beating, neither zero, not hero types, who have no desire to see their name in lights, or to kiss big name arse. The theme around here is, 20 years experience, or 2 weeks, a good idea is a good idea, and a bad one is a bad one. And everyone is allowed to have that idea, and have its merits weighed, and receive a reasonable answer.

This thread, and the one before it are non stop squabbles, even though I think we are really all on the same page. El Borracho, take a little time to get used to the type of people on this forum, and our style of doing things, and the rest of you (myself included), cut him some slack untill he does.
    Hero to Zero as you mention when I mention it means you do well one minute and screw up the next -alas that is shooting -it has nothing to do with individuals character !
    The types of people on the forum you mention -I am sure you are just talking about your mates as everyone is different and to date on my thread its been nothing but negative -is this the types you are refering to ??Put your head up and they want to take it off -a commonly talked about problem "some nz have " .
    The truth is its been fun and interesting seen people from different areas act in certain ways and then even admit it !!!
    Ill carry on as I am friendly and willing to help and post good info and advice

R93
    You just dont know when to shut up do you?
    I now hope to meet you in the near future. Come to a Greymouth LR day seeing BB has invited you.

Impure Lead Flinger
    I think we should all just get along.
    Last edited by Grim; 29-04-2012 at 08:25 AM.

I agree.
    Last edited by Grim; 29-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I dont go to the Pub in Auckland and currently I dont drink -Charnui English breakfast tea milk no sugar with a dash of classical music to relax with
    and yet you choose to call yourself El Borracho?
    No wonder you don't "get" the forum
    Best you go get some sleep, wouldn't want that 35 hour working week to wreck you.

I don't think it is the topic or content of this thread, but the way you were policing it that has got people in a twist.. eg. Stay on topic, chit chat on another thread etc. The idea of this forum is to get a little off topic then get back on again. I think your style of moderating your thread has maybe stopped the experienced guys from posting their experiences? Maybe start a new thread and everyone might behave?
    If you don't get Dirt, Blood or Grease under your nails it ain't a hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I don't think it is the topic or content of this thread, but the way you were policing it that has got people in a twist.. eg. Stay on topic, chit chat on another thread etc. The idea of this forum is to get a little off topic then get back on again. I think your style of moderating your thread has maybe stopped the experienced guys from posting their experiences? Maybe start a new thread and everyone might behave?
    With respect Normie if I wanted to talk about someones pretty rifle with a sticky grip I would have startd a thread on it -nothing more annoying and rude as when people but into a conversation and change the topic -I am sure you would agree .

KiwiJames - I dont get the forum ?? What is there to get ? somethings just come down to good manners as with everything in life

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post

KiwiJames - I dont get the forum ?? What is there to get ? somethings just come down to good manners as with everything in life

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    To our members.

We have worked hard to maintain a harmonious atmosphere and developed a great forum culture, where people are free to post their ideas unmolested. The olive branch has been extended, and refused, repeatedly. By engaging El Boracho, all we do is continue the discontent this spreads on our otherwise blissfully cheerful forum. He has his back up, and any effort to explain to him how things work around here, and what we are trying to achieve, will clearly be met with more vitriol. It does our forum harm, and we gain nothing.

I suggest we leave him to "his" thread, and generally ignore him and his opinions on our forum, till he settles down and relaxes. Dont respond or reply and let the spotlight drift off to somewhere more positive.
    Iam good with that Tussock as your advice is good , ignore his opinions haha , I started an interesting good thread and would like to carry on -if you can delete everything bar posts that help this thread I would be very grateful as you are correct that the victim mentality posters do the forum no good !As your forum grows you will understand you cannot carry on in the same manner as now -enjoy it while you are few - no offence intended or taken throughout .
    Regards El Borrachisimo

This thead has no real info that you have provided other than googled links that could be put in the resources thread.

I'm going to have the last say here.
    R93 likes this.
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money