Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: It `s nice to meet you guys.

It `s nice to meet you guys.

Hi

It `s my pleasure to join in this club. I have some shooting and hunting experience as well fishing both in fresh water and salt. I came here wish to know more outdoor people from south island since finally I moved from Auckland to CHCH, but do `t have "home" yet because this pandemic of the cxx virus.

I am a emigrant, by the definitions from Cambridge Dictionary as I understand, I am not a migrant because I choose to leave the country where I was born is not for better incomes or social benefit. Yeah, I will need a job, or a "job" if you knew how immigration works. Good thing is that After two years of being stuck outside of NZ, next month I could go back to where the fish and deer are. I have FA license and enjoy small games, deer hunting I like to save it when time comes.

I enjoy cooking, especially wildness cooking and cooking game animals by using different cuisines. Also, I like off roads, was dirt bike rider, willing to go quad or horses, I am semi photographer, like to make story telling films. Well, this is me. Hopefully someday soon could have beers with you guys and all the rounds on me.
    Pengy, Shearer, 300CALMAN and 3 others like this.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

G'day mate.

A word of warning, if you say "ALL the rounds are on you" you will an endless supply of people taking you up on the offer!
    40mm likes this.

hiya, if you ever wind up down Gore way let me know, ill cheerfully enjoy a pint or 3 with you....
    Sako851 likes this.

Welcome...and am I allowed to ask..."where are you from"?
    Not that it matters because you are now in our 'family' of shooters/hunters/fishers, and we like to take care of family.
    Happy hunting.
    Pengy and Vod Ka'nockers like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    G'day mate.

A word of warning, if you say "ALL the rounds are on you" you will an endless supply of people taking you up on the offer!
    Thank you, but that shall be my honor. Maybe later after we could drink coffee together, or just simple tea over the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Vod Ka'nockers View Post
    hiya, if you ever wind up down Gore way let me know, ill cheerfully enjoy a pint or 3 with you....
    Thank you mate, I am looking forward, hopefully in this autumn. This pandemic really ruined my plan, wasted my best three years of time. Yeah, got bit of depressed but still in fight. . Do `t know where you live, but I am keen to find you for a drink.

Gday mate
    Black Rabbit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    G'day mate.

Too late, the words have been said!
    Black Rabbit likes this.
    Use enough gun

That last sentence got my attention!
    Welcome aboard matey, old pal, etc etc etc....
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Kiwi View Post
    Welcome...and am I allowed to ask..."where are you from"?
    Not that it matters because you are now in our 'family' of shooters/hunters/fishers, and we like to take care of family.
    Happy hunting.
    Thank you for the warm words. I have`t heard such words to me for quiet a time. I am from the capital city Beijing of China, a hard working people, have spent many years in MNC on BD and OP before this chapter of mine in NZ since 2017. Me and my naughty wife are all outdoor people. How is the hare population there in Nelson area? Oh, one thing for sure, no matter what you heard about China responds to whatever so far, I am on your side.

Again, thank you very much. We have been to your region several times, the lake of Rutorua was beautiful and the deer, little rabbits as well, but not the sandflies
    Grey Kiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    That last sentence got my attention! .
    I like speights, and south draft beers. See you at the bar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
    Thank you mate, I am looking forward, hopefully in this autumn. This pandemic really ruined my plan, wasted my best three years of time. Yeah, got bit of depressed but still in fight. . Do `t know where you live, but I am keen to find you for a drink.
    yeah the pandemic has been a bit of a hassle for most folks.... im near Gore (southland). Apparently there are deer here (but im yet to shoot one) and brown trout (but im yet to catch one) and pretty women (go on guess).

Im about most weekends and always keen for a pint and if you like to shoot a few clays then we could do a bit of that too....

Quote Originally Posted by Vod Ka'nockers View Post
    yeah the pandemic has been a bit of a hassle for most folks.... im near Gore (southland). Apparently there are deer here (but im yet to shoot one) and brown trout (but im yet to catch one) and pretty women (go on guess).

Im about most weekends and always keen for a pint and if you like to shoot a few clays then we could do a bit of that too....

Hi mate, thank you. And, I guess the third part after deer and trout, you surely did.I think I passed Gore before in 2016 when we took route Chaslands went to invercargill, and i got my first sandfly bite. That tiny thing just like how the captain cook described and I got worse.

Hopefully could find you in May and I will bring my rods, lures and something else. I do `t have rifle yet after moved to CHCH because the firearm security storage reason. But I am thinking to have a small caliber for rabbits and hares, and a shotgun for the duck season, if I could find a safe storage solution for police check. But still to own any firearms at this stage for me is complicated. Thank you again, and looking forward for the drinks and clays.

cheers
    Vod Ka'nockers likes this.

Ah, so the sandflies found you already?
    Two tips...
    Vitamin B helps to stop the itchy bites.
    Take a couple of Vitamin B tablets each day, starting about a week before you go out where the sandflies lurk.
    If you do get itchy spots (because you didn't take the Vitamin B) put a wee dab of Lavender Oil on the bite. This is real Lavender Oil, not the smelly junk made for burning in lamps/diffusers, etc.
    The real Lavender Oil sorts out any sting/bite (even a bee sting) within 20-30 seconds.
    Now some clowns will come on saying rub diesel fuel all over you, or cover yourself in Dettol, etc, etc.
    Yeah, OK...you want to walk through the bush, hunting for deer, and smelling like Diesel, Kero, Dettol, etc? Nope that's not going to work.
    The Vitamin B tablets don't smell, nor make you smell. Leastwise the deer won't know you are taking them.
    Black Rabbit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Kiwi View Post
    Ah, so the sandflies found you already?
    Two tips...
    Yeah, sandflies found me a lot. Thanks for the tips, will do next time. Itching I can take, but the year long healing time and those scars was too bad. I interviewed lots kiwis about how they react to sandfly, itching of course but no over immune response like me, swollen red skin on the spot, long lasting wound etc. Anyway there is no perfect world, I choose NZ, the one big reason is because she have no poison creatures thus I did `t go Brisbane. Even going Australia is much easier for me.
    Thank you again. Hopefully when I get back could join you for a hunt but I need to restore my core strength little bit, going back to gym soon. Btw, how is the small games hunting in your Nelson area? Rabbits, hares as well pheasants?

Have nice weekend.