Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Dia dhuit? ☘️

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Yeah the Pikey's, I wonder if they were related to a certain carpet layer I had the misfortune to know.
    Not your normal Irish folk.
    Seen that on Facebook weren’t they not English? Anyway not a pikey live in a house. But I do have some good deals on carpets and power tools if your interested 😉
    veitnamcam, Pengy and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus View Post
    Welcome aboard. I do a lot of spearfishing and know a few others here do too. Be happy to take you out for a taste of nz spearfishing if you find yourself in northland some you're here.
    Yeah for sure sounds good when I was working out in Cambodia did I lot of spearfishing around SE Asia. Hammered a couple of doggies around Indonesia. Do you get them up North?

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Can you swing a sack of spuds?
    There’s Ballard’s and songs sung the length and breadth of the country on my ability to swing spuds. Or is this some sort of sexual innuendo 40mm?
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JONAS! View Post
    Yeah for sure sounds good when I was working out in Cambodia did I lot of spearfishing around SE Asia. Hammered a couple of doggies around Indonesia. Do you get them up North?
    No, not quite warm enough for doggies. Kingfish are the go-to sport fish around here. Very different to dogtooth but great fun nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Welcome Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus View Post
    No, not quite warm enough for doggies. Kingfish are the go-to sport fish around here. Very different to dogtooth but great fun nonetheless.

I mate of mine was spearing kingies in NZ he said there a good fighting fish and they get big. If your looking for a dive partner would love to get up and check out some diving with you. Do you usually dive solo or buddy? And if buddy you both do your own thing or one up one down?

They do get big and they fight hard and dirty. The ones in the photo are 30 and 37kg respectively. The record is 50kg!

Best practice is always dive with a buddy in a 1 up 1 down arrangement. This works for the majority of situations in nz, the main exception is hunting snapper which can be found in shallow and require stealth and cunning to hunt effectively. the one in the photo is a good representative trophy around the 10kg mark.

My wife and I dive most weekends over the summer months and when the weather and time allows year round. Hit me up closer to the time and we'll see if we can't get you out and into some fish. Best time of year for diving is usually March as the water is warm and the weather is usually fairly settled. Spawning is done for most species and the mad pressure of December and January has abated (every man and his dog takes to the water over the Christmas break which can have an impact on numbers and behavior). Come April the water starts to cool down and my focus shifts to the red roar, then sika.

veitnamcam, Scouser, LOC and 2 others like this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

Fine fish there nothing beats pelagics on the end of a spear... well maybe a big stag at the of the barrel.

Yeah for sure thanks for hooking me up if you ever find yourself in Thailand/Cambodia/Indonesia hit me up I’ve done a lot around these parts and might have some good spots.

Is that a Rob Allen double roller I see in the picture? If so I’m impressed. In the middle of upgrading my 110 RA roller to a mvd double roller head and mvd inverted trigger. It’ll be my under water bazooka.
    Dorkus likes this.
    A pen in an aristocrats hand is more dangerous then a rifle in a hunters.

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you will fit right in.
    JONAS! likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Welcome to the forum, sounds like you will fit right in.
    Rough and ready!!
    A pen in an aristocrats hand is more dangerous then a rifle in a hunters.