Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: G'day from Penrith/Sydney

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by BrnoB78 View Post
    Just to stir the pot a bit, which island offers the most beautiful landscape scenery for a proposed camper van holiday ??
    If you want to see truly beautiful scenery then the South Island has that. If you want to meet people then you need to go to the North Island as at the last census the population of the South Island was two and one of them was thinking about leaving. ha ha ha ha
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Just to stir the pot a bit, which island offers the most beautiful landscape scenery for a proposed camper van holiday ??
    Being a north islander it pains me to say that the south wins on the scenery front for me, having said that we have some very special spots in the north too. I just buzz out when flying into Otago (queenstown) as it feels like im in another country! Love it!
    sako75 and Scouser like this.

South definitely wins hands down in my books
    As does Maroons over the Blues
    Maca49 likes this.

My eldest son and his wife were thoroughly impressed with the South's lovely scenery during a recent hire car holiday - they're saving the North for another visit. An outdoor loving mate of mine, who has travelled fairly extensively around NZ and beautiful Tassie, reckons NZ's far superior. Hence why I'm keen to cross the ditch and hire a camper in the near future. Undertaking a couple of decent bush walks are on the cards in addition to hopefully snapping lots of stunning landscape pics. In the process, I'm also keen to investigate the feasibility of having my cherished .243 Win Browning B78 High Wall upgraded to a 6.5x55 Ackley Improved, with something like a 28" heavy stainless steel True-Flite Ultra-Match barrel.

You Kiwi's appear to have your own lingo !! Given time I'll endeavour to wrap my head around it. Just curious, is there much rivalry between the North and South Islands, such as with the State of Origin NSW / QLD Rugby League ?
    Trouble with this forum BB78 is quite a few speak a different language to Engrish, takes a while and works the brain? Don't ask anything to technical is my advice, unless you already know the answer,
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Trouble with this forum BB78 is quite a few speak a different language to Engrish, takes a while and works the brain? Don't ask anything to technical is my advice, unless you already know the answer,
    wa ya sayn ow bay?

6.5x55 starting to like you even more
    To rub salt in the wound, I lived in Melbourne for nearly 2 years. Loved every minute of it

Just curious, is there much rivalry between the North and South Islands
    Hell yes. North Islanders are highly intelligent, good looking and omni talented much like Gibo, Maca and myself. South Islanders by contrast are inbred, ugly and couldn't play their banjo's without that third thumb.
    RODSTA likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    You have just opened a wound of titanic proportions!!!!!!,our whole country is Spectacular visit both islands and you wont be disappointed.
    Ohhh very diplomatic NS, kudos!!!!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Hell yes. North Islanders are highly intelligent, good looking and omni talented much like Gibo, Maca and myself. South Islanders by contrast are inbred, ugly and couldn't play their banjo's without that third thumb.
    Well said Rushy well said

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Ohh Rushy, you call that a 'thumb'??????
    veitnamcam likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Sako75, I've never been to Melbourne...... isn't that where all the ballerina dropouts play some sort of aerial ping pong football game !? My Mum's from Victoria and is a rather keen Richmond supporter, in turn, I love giving her heaps. In contrast, I'd rather go bush any day.

I've long contemplated the 6.5x55 AI upgrade, particularly in light of the fact that the fire formed 'improved' cases allegedly require minimal neck stretching & trimming. Although the .243 Win B78 comfortably dispatches all my current prey species (feral cats, foxes, 'tagged' Eastern Grey roos, goats and pigs) I'm very much attracted to both the 6.5x55's moderate boost in overall performance and the option of loading up heavier projectiles that are potentially more suited to humanely culling large goats across wide scrubby gullies. For the latter, I currently use 6mm Sierra 100 Gr SBT's. In contrast, I'm likely to use 6.5mm pills like the Hornady 129 & 140 Gr SST's or Sierras such as the 130 Gr HPBT or 140 Gr SBT. In hindsight, the proposed upgrade's definitely 'overkill' for smaller game. Namely, 6.5mm 95 Gr Hornady V-Max compared to 6mm 75 & 87 Gr V-Max's. Note, the B78's my only centre fire rifle and such a slight calibre upgrade will arguably make it more of a 'jack of all trades' firearm for all of the mentioned game species. We'll see.
    Cheers.

If it makes 4" we will call him Justin

Another young huntress
    Hell yes. North Islanders are highly intelligent, good looking and omni talented...
    *cough *cough

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRider View Post
    *cough *cough
    Do you need a lozenge TR