Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: G'day from Penrith/Sydney

Maca49, in response to "Trouble with this forum BB78 is quite a few speak a different language to Engrish, takes a while and works the brain ?"
    It's a good thing that this forum's NOT back in my home country of Papua New Guinea where there are over 800 local languages in addition to many minor dialects. Imagine trying to effectively communicate with a neighbouring tribe over in the next valley !

As for working the brain, it's truly one piece of amazing 'equipment', as exemplified when you read the following:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is that the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mess and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Pttery amzanig huh ?

Cheers.

BB78 with a quote like that you will fit like a hand in a glove!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Maca49, I'll check with my daughter-in-law to see if the quote reflects any of the languages or dialects common to her original place of origin, namely, Dunedin !!
    Cheers.
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrnoB78 View Post
    Maca49, in response to "Trouble with this forum BB78 is quite a few speak a different language to Engrish, takes a while and works the brain ?"
    It's a good thing that this forum's NOT back in my home country of Papua New Guinea where there are over 800 local languages in addition to many minor dialects. Imagine trying to effectively communicate with a neighbouring tribe over in the next valley !

As for working the brain, it's truly one piece of amazing 'equipment', as exemplified when you read the following:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is that the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mess and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Pttery amzanig huh ?

Cheers.
    I think you must have been taking english lessons from @Neckshot with that quote