Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hi all !

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Welcome 308howa. You asked for directions from North Canterbury so I can help you there. Go north until you get to Picton then jump a ferry to Wellington. Once you get off the ferry, even though you are Oyrish you will recognize that you are now in New Zealand. Keep traveling North. If however you become convinced by the locals that the South Island is the mainland (which is possible as the south islanders run a good propaganda program) then head to where the ground stops shaking and then start hunting.
    Do I detect just a little bit of north south envy there Rushy LOL. The shakey ground down here just keeps life interesting.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    No. It is not in my nature to the envy anyone anything. I have spent a couple of years in the SI and love the place. I would be down there in a heart beat if I could convince the Minister of Internal Affairs.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    No. It is not in my nature to the envy anyone anything. I have spent a couple of years in the SI and love the place. I would be down there in a heart beat if I could convince the Minister of Internal Affairs.
    From what I hear the North Island has its fair share to offer aswell, I've only seen Auckland during the Ireland All Blacks test I have to get my ass in gear and do a tour

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by 308howa View Post
    From what I hear the North Island has its fair share to offer aswell, I've only seen Auckland during the Ireland All Blacks test I have to get my ass in gear and do a tour
    Welcome to the forum mate. There are plenty of good buggers here that will get you out and about. Dont be in too much of a hurry to tour the NI, because along with the NI population, even the deer squeal! Good fishing but.
    Havent had moose since the late 70's but I remember loving it. Tahr imho, is the best game meat in NZ if it is shot in late FEB.

The Oilers have sucked since Gretzky left in the 80's
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Welcome to the forum mate. There are plenty of good buggers here that will get you out and about. Dont be in too much of a hurry to tour the NI, because along with the NI population, even the deer squeal! Good fishing but.
    Havent had moose since the late 70's but I remember loving it. Tahr imho, is the best game meat in NZ if it is shot in late FEB.

The Oilers have sucked since Gretzky left in the 80's
    Yeah they couldn't score in a brothel with a fist full of twenties, still love Gretzky there even have a highway named after him.

I've never tasted tahr but it's definatly on my to do list. Thanks for the welcome