Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: howdy

Welcome mate, im a fairly new forum member as well. There are some very generous and helpful people on this forum!

Regarding the licensing... Im in the process of getting my firearms license too at the moment, and ive done the course, paid the application fee, and the interviews and the security check is all done.
    The firearms officer who interviewed me, let me know that the processing of the license takes about 2-3 months at the moment (this is after all the interviews and the security check is done). So i
    advise you get onto paying the application fee, taking the photos (both can be done at the postshop), and then handing the application in to your local police station ASAP, because this is the only part
    of the process where u have the ability to speed things up on your behalf. After you have handed in your application form they take 2-4 weeks to contact you and arrange the interviews. Which also
    span accross a couple of weeks themselves.. depending on the availability of your referees and the officer ofcourse. Just thought id let you know, as you reaslistically have about 3 1/2 - 4 months wait
    time after the interviews are completed, so you may want the time to start ticking down sooner rather than later

Ofcourse, this info is really only of value if u are actually in a hurry to get that license in your hands! like me !

Cheers
    Jan
    Gibo likes this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

Bugger. I was hoping to get it by the end of June. The arms officer I gave everything to said 2 months was pretty normal.

Well 4 months will get winter out of the way and increase my rifle budget.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Bugger. I was hoping to get it by the end of June. The arms officer I gave everything to said 2 months was pretty normal.

Well 4 months will get winter out of the way and increase my rifle budget.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    I meant 3 1/2 - 4 months wait after you file your application. My mistake. After the interviews, he said that it's taking about 2-3 months atm.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJanitar View Post
    I meant 3 1/2 - 4 months wait after you file your application. My mistake. After the interviews, he said that it's taking about 2-3 months atm.
    No worries. Although seeing some nice rifles pop up and I can't buy them has got me pretty impatient ha.