Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stickman
  • 1 Post By rugerman
  • 1 Post By stickman

Thread: Introducing myself

Introducing myself

Hi all, I have been enjoying the wealth of info here for some time and finally I’ve signed up, hopefully I can also share and contribute a little in future.

I’ve been a keen outdoorsman for pretty much ever, growing up on a farm and shooting stuff with an air rifle, and gradually progressing through into deerstalking in the last ten years or so, in addition to everything else. Having been based in Auckland for my entire working life I have had the usual limitations, but more recently I’ve been able to make enough opportunities for myself to keep the old trigger finger in regular use. Enjoy shooting anything, from range sessions with the NZDA, rabbits and possums, goat and deer, although never tried bird shooting. Have a 5-yo border collie trained to the BGID blueprint, have shot one deer and three goats with her so far.

Also very much a gear freak, I am a pretty intense researcher hence my appreciation of you lot here and your willingness to share info etc.
    I began reloading in 2021 (260 Rem, 6.5 Grendel, 223) and also enjoy the odd rifle project.
    Current favourite shooters are 260 Rem (Tikka) and 6.5 Grendel (Howa, ongoing project to get as light as possible currently 2.75kg all up with scope and suppressor). I might add a photo in the comments later if my first attempt at posting something works out!

Cheers
    Pete_D likes this.

Welcome Stickman.

Hi Stickman, yes put up a photo of the 6.5G!! Great little round.
    ‘Facts don’t care about your feelings’

Welcome to the forum. We are also keen on dog pics too
    thejamesjames likes this.

My 6.5 Grendel.
    Howa Mini Action, 20" lightweight barrel, Sonic 35 suppressor. Leupold 4x28 scope.
    Customised Howa stock, weight reduced to 720g from originally just over 1kg.
    Fore-end milled on sides and underside, grip shortened and hollowed right up to action screw and into butt area, butt cut out.
    Handles really well, pretty much as stiff as it was originally (which is fine for off-hand bush shooting but actually works well off my Snipe-Pod bi-pod too). I did run a computer simulation on that butt stock before cutting into it, just to be sure!
    Whole rifle weights 2.75kg.

Name:  6.5GR.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  199.2 KB
    rugerman likes this.