Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 20" Tikka 7 PRC

20" Tikka 7 PRC

Built it up a while ago using a Tikka as a donor with a Criterion 20" 1-8 barrel. but have been too busy & away to do much with it

Shot some of this through it yesterday along with its 22 & 26" sisters

It shot pretty well with reasonable velocity

Will get some more pics up after I shoot it again

Any updates on this one Greg

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

@Kiwi Greg very respectable, seems similar to the below video showing factory 175eldx in 20,22,24" barrel.

Seems like the 20" 7prc might be a good option for a short barrel long range rig.

https://youtu.be/eEvJVZDmLcE

Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    @Kiwi Greg very respectable,

Seems like the 20" 7prc might be a good option for a short barrel long range rig.
    Yes but guys need to remember/realise a suppressed short, light rifle shooting 175+ grain projectiles is going to leap up and possibly bite them under recoil, spotting your own shots will be problematic

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Yes but guys need to remember/realise a suppressed short, light rifle shooting 175+ grain projectiles is going to leap up and possibly bite them under recoil, spotting your own shots will be problematic
    Iv foubd my recoil has changed from snappy with the 168 to a push with the 180 spotting shots can certainly be a challange but much better for me with the 180 but im on the verge of to light

This is great to see.
    I have a Springfield waypoint 2020 20” carbon in 7PRC on its way and cant wait to start shooting.

I have a small stack on 175gr ELD-X that I’m going to use pretty much just to get the brass from. Then i have some 180gr ELD-M that I’m hoping to load with my H4831sc and see how we get on. Still need to get the dies and the magnum primers (should be easy enough……..ha)

Has anyone been playing around with loads on the the 7PRC yet?
    BRADS and Kelton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunta View Post
    This is great to see.
    I have a Springfield waypoint 2020 20” carbon in 7PRC on its way and cant wait to start shooting.

I have a small stack on 175gr ELD-X that I’m going to use pretty much just to get the brass from. Then i have some 180gr ELD-M that I’m hoping to load with my H4831sc and see how we get on. Still need to get the dies and the magnum primers (should be easy enough……..ha)

Nice, when is the Springfield due in ?

I have Hornady 7PRC Dies & Ammo in stock

This is great to see.

Few people playing mate mainly 2217 2225 and reloader 26 from the reading iv done on here so be sure to publish your findings in the reloading section
    chainsaw likes this.

Dont rule out large rifle primers either if you have some I used them in my 7mm blaser mag to with greater results and the same in my 7LRM wasnt until over 70gns that I started seeing the benefits of the magnum. I use federals

This is great to see.

I'm going through the process of loading for my 20" PRC although I'm finding the Hornady brass seems to be a bit erratic with some cases hitting pressure and some not.
    I've been using 2217 but are about try RL 26 which I'm sure will be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    wasnt until over 70gns that I started seeing the benefits of the magnum. I use federals
    What benefits were you seeing? I have been experimenting with FED210 vs 215 in a couple of my rifles (not just magnums, 7mm08 & 6.5 Creed) with some interesting results.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 CRD View Post
    What benefits were you seeing? I have been experimenting with FED210 vs 215 in a couple of my rifles (not just magnums, 7mm08 & 6.5 Creed) with some interesting results.
    Far better sds with 210s up to 70gn then over 70gns the sds were better with 215s . 215s often go well in the 08 case heads .
    25/08 IMP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Nice, when is the Springfield due in ?

I have Hornady 7PRC Dies & Ammo in stock
    That is the question no one can answer, June/July was the original date, update on Friday was September....but as there's still none in production I'm guessing next year...

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    That is the question no one can answer, June/July was the original date, update on Friday was September....but as there's still none in production I'm guessing next year...

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Bugger you going a different path now?

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08 IMP View Post
    Bugger you going a different path now?

I have one on order too but definitely tossing up building the ultimate custom with ti action.... its a problem
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"