Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 7 Blaser Magnum Brass

7 Blaser Magnum Brass

Yesterday I discovered (could be old news) that Norma are/will no longer be making the Blaser Magnum brass cases, 7, 300, 338 & the monster 375
    I don’t have enough 7 Blaser brass here to fill recent enquires/orders
    As it appears there are no other sources of this brass here I have invested in the remaining Blaser brass available in the country suitable to make 7 Blaser mag brass from to supply my customers with, especially those I have built 7BM rifles for
    The brass will be full length sized & neck turned if necessary
    I will be testing the brass to ensure it works as well as the 7 BM head stamped brass
    Because of the size & structure of the 7BM brass I’m sure the only brass it can be successfully made from is other BM brass
    Also because of the size of the case it is difficult to rechamber to something with similar performance
    Initially the Norma 7BM brass was reasonably priced unfortunately a year or so ago it went up substantially (doubled in price)
    Luckily I was able to negotiate a better deal on the brass to try to keep the price down as much as possible
    I'm sure Blaser will find someone to make brass for their range of cartridges but goodness knows how long that will take & how long that brass will take to get here
    Let me know if you would like any

Top man it’ll be well appreciated by a lot of members 7LRM would be a rechamber option wouldnt it?

7prc is going to be the 7bm killer. I bet you norma or lapua will be making 7prc brass within the next 3 years.
    hotsoup, Gkp, Kelton and 1 others like this.

I beat lapua already is
    caberslash likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I beat lapua already is
    Competition circles have already favoured 6.5 PRC necked up to 7mm...
    lau lau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I beat lapua already is
    I heard a whisper the other day, yet to be substantiated, that Lapua will/have suspended brass component manufacture

Bear in mind we only recently received some Lapua brass from a local distributor, the first lot in 3 years or so (new distributor)

Other than that the only new Lapua brass was imported by individuals like myself, Gunworks etc

Hornady component brass for the 7PRC has not been released in the States yet
    Last edited by Kiwi Greg; 19-11-2022 at 04:56 PM.
    BRADS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    7prc is going to be the 7bm killer. I bet you norma or lapua will be making 7prc brass within the next 3 years.
    Quite probably as it will be picked up by many rifle manufacturers & backed by Hornady but it possibly/probably won't have the performance offered by the 7BM

I will know soon

Hard to see it matching 7BM given smaller case capacity, but I’m guessing it will get close ? Maybe falling short by 50fps or so

Jit
    I’m up for some brass. Sign me up.

Jit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Yesterday I discovered (could be old news) that Norma are/will no longer be making the Blaser Magnum brass cases, 7, 300, 338 & the monster 375
    I don’t have enough 7 Blaser brass here to fill recent enquires/orders
    As it appears there are no other sources of this brass here I have invested in the remaining Blaser brass available in the country suitable to make 7 Blaser mag brass from to supply my customers with, especially those I have built 7BM rifles for
    The brass will be full length sized & neck turned if necessary
    I will be testing the brass to ensure it works as well as the 7 BM head stamped brass
    Because of the size & structure of the 7BM brass I’m sure the only brass it can be successfully made from is other BM brass
    Also because of the size of the case it is difficult to rechamber to something with similar performance
    Initially the Norma 7BM brass was reasonably priced unfortunately a year or so ago it went up substantially (doubled in price)
    Luckily I was able to negotiate a better deal on the brass to try to keep the price down as much as possible
    I'm sure Blaser will find someone to make brass for their range of cartridges but goodness knows how long that will take & how long that brass will take to get here
    Let me know if you would like any
    Yup I’ll need some.

Keen

Jit
    Any updates ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Any updates ?
    I have received a heap of donor brass, test rifle & waiting on an AMP annealer to ensure they are top notch, then I will start forming them

Please flick me a PM or email if you would like some

Jumping ba k to @Kelton question, is a 7lrm or 7lrh a rechamber option for the blaser ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    Jumping ba k to @Kelton question, is a 7lrm or 7lrh a rechamber option for the blaser ?
    No, the Blaser has a bigger diameter at .548 VS .534