Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Another 7mm Blaser Magnum

  1. #1
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,274

    Another 7mm Blaser Magnum

    A customer supplied me with a Rem 700 that had been blue printed & chambered in 7mm Rem mag with a carbon stock, he wanted a bit more performance.



    Its a nice light hunting rifle, with its Bartlein 26" barrel & T2 Terminator muzzle brake & Timney Calvin Elite trigger I supplied.



    It has a rail so I popped one of my load development scopes on it, I knew it was a shooter with this group with only 2 rounds through it to get it zeroed beforehand.



    It was only a starting load but extremely impressive, I tried some 195s for fun & it shot better than I expected given the velocity, not bad for 69-70 grains of powder



    So all in all I had a pretty productive day at the range yesterday, it was nice and calm unlike last weekend for the bench rest shoot

  2. #2
    Member 300_BLK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Central North Island
    Posts
    2,088
    Nice @Kiwi Greg!
    Warm Barrels!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Manuwatu
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    A customer supplied me with a Rem 700 that had been blue printed & chambered in 7mm Rem mag with a carbon stock, he wanted a bit more performance.



    Its a nice light hunting rifle, with its Bartlein 26" barrel & T2 Terminator muzzle brake & Timney Calvin Elite trigger I supplied.



    It has a rail so I popped one of my load development scopes on it, I knew it was a shooter with this group with only 2 rounds through it to get it zeroed beforehand.



    It was only a starting load but extremely impressive, I tried some 195s for fun & it shot better than I expected given the velocity, not bad for 69-70 grains of powder



    So all in all I had a pretty productive day at the range yesterday, it was nice and calm unlike last weekend for the bench rest shoot
    pretty nice velocitys out of the 7 blaser. excellent accuracy. what is the max load?

  4. #4
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dicko View Post
    pretty nice velocitys out of the 7 blaser. excellent accuracy. what is the max load?
    Its enough to make this combinations action start to primary extract.

    I have built a few now & they go exceptionally well for their size & capacity

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South
    Posts
    168
    Awesome set up & performance. What powder are you using in it Greg?

  6. #6
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Feebz View Post
    Awesome set up & performance. What powder are you using in it Greg?
    I use AR 2225, RL 26 & 33

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I use AR 2225, RL 26 & 33
    All mixed together?

    What powder are you using for the 180 load shot above?

  8. #8
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    All mixed together?

    What powder are you using for the 180 load shot above?
    Yep all mixed together.....

  9. #9
    Member chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Silverdale
    Posts
    2,035
    Oh yeah baby ! very impressed to say the least, Greg.
    That's one sweet calibre - super efficient for 69 - 70gn powder.
    for some reason iphone? ipad? the pix would not view last night, but this morning on laptop they're there, wtf .... IT challenged ?!
    Kiwi Greg likes this.

  10. #10
    GWH
    GWH is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Napier, Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    2,775
    Holy shit that 195gr load must be hot alright, my new 28 Nosler barrel needs 88gr of RE33 to do 3080 fps with a 195gr from 26" I'm thinking one of our chronys is broken.

  11. #11
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Holy shit that 195gr load must be hot alright, my new 28 Nosler barrel needs 88gr of RE33 to do 3080 fps with a 195gr from 26" I'm thinking one of our chronys is broken.
    It will run just over 3100 with 9 grains less, it is a little warm, no stamp just a bit of primary extraction.

    Your velocities are reasonably consistent with another 26" 28 I know of

    I will ask my Labradar if it was having a bad day on Saturday

    Its a very impressive well designed cartridge.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,250
    Have you got a 6.5-7 mm version of it?
    199p likes this.

  13. #13
    Member Tahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    5,473

  14. #14
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Have you got a 6.5-7 mm version of it?
    In fact I do have a reamer

    I have built a test rifle, as I do so my customers don't have to pay for initial load development & I can quote real world numbers not made up ones

    It goes very well

  15. #15
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    In fact I do have a reamer

    I have built a test rifle, as I do so my customers don't have to pay for initial load development & I can quote real world numbers not made up ones

    It goes very well
    Hmmmm... So in theory you could use the 6.5 reamer to ream the chamber in a barrel with a "slightly larger" bore and just throat it with a "slightly larger" reamer...?
    csmiffy likes this.
    #27GANG

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: .300 Blaser Magnum
    By Double Shot in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-03-2018, 07:18 AM
  2. 300 Blaser Magnum
    By 300AAC in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2017, 08:11 PM
  3. FS: Blaser R8 - 300 Blaser Magnum - Bargain
    By Alonzo in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-02-2017, 03:52 PM
  4. .300 Blaser Magnum Loads
    By Double Shot in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-11-2016, 08:48 PM
  5. FS: :( Ruger .300 Blaser Magnum
    By Double Shot in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 19-09-2016, 07:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!