Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Arsenal Darkness


User Tag List

Like Tree8806Likes

Thread: Dinner thread?

  1. #6196
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    9,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Salmon, spinach and cheese pie tonight.
    Attachment 166647
    Thats a Quiche.not a pie. Pies have a lid
    Real men dont eat Quiche
    Shearer likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

  2. #6197
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    22,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Thats a Quiche.not a pie. Pies have a lid
    Real men dont eat Quiche
    I agree on the first.
    But not the second.
    Pengy, Beaker and Shearer like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  3. #6198
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    22,717
    Snapper tail portions, seasoned floured and egged. Fried in butter not oil with lemon and tartare sauce spuds and butter and cabbage with butter and pepper.

    Name:  IMG_20210503_173151.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  2.19 MBName:  IMG_20210503_173151.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  2.19 MB
    NRT, Beaker, Shearer and 2 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  4. #6199
    Still learning JessicaChen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    278
    @veitnamcam So you flour the fish then cover the fish in egg? Do you use a brush or just dip? Im no good at cooking fish. Yours looks so nicely done.

    Tonight rabbit in mustard sauce again, real hit and delicious, added bacon and mushrooms to it this time. Recipe: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipe...mustard_sauce/ , however my wild rabbit takes 2 and a half hours to get tender, not the 45 minutes (haha good luck) in the recipe. Today i poached the rabbit separately from the sauce + mushroom + bacon then mixed it all together later.
    Name:  thumbnail_20210504_183312.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  413.9 KB
    veitnamcam, kukuwai and Mrs Beeman like this.

  5. #6200
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    22,717
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaChen View Post
    @veitnamcam So you flour the fish then cover the fish in egg? Do you use a brush or just dip? Im no good at cooking fish. Yours looks so nicely done.

    Tonight rabbit in mustard sauce again, real hit and delicious, added bacon and mushrooms to it this time. Recipe: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipe...mustard_sauce/ , however my wild rabbit takes 2 and a half hours to get tender, not the 45 minutes (haha good luck) in the recipe. Today i poached the rabbit separately from the sauce + mushroom + bacon then mixed it all together later.
    Attachment 166735
    Yum mustard sauce.

    Yes I just beat a couple of eggs in a bowl and dip in then straight into the pan.

    For extra mess you can go from the egg to bread crumbs to pan.

    Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    JessicaChen likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  6. #6201
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    22,717
    Slightly over cooked the eggs but DAM that Fallow was good....could cut it with your finger.

    Name:  IMG_20210505_174746.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  2.28 MB
    Tahr, Beaker, Shearer and 1 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  7. #6202
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    8,114
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Slightly over cooked the eggs but DAM that Fallow was good....could cut it with your finger.

    Attachment 166806
    Yum. Household costs spiral when the kids start eating the same as adults
    veitnamcam, Beaker and kukuwai like this.

  8. #6203
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    22,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Yum. Household costs spiral when the kids start eating the same as adults
    They have been doing that for a few years now already and yes it does.
    Tahr and Beaker like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  9. #6204
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    8,114
    Rut shot 3 year old Fallow buck back steak. Wet aged vacuum packed for 20 days. He had that musty smell when I processed him.
    Anchovy, caper, parsley etc butter.
    Salad
    Baked thin kumera slices
    Col-slaw (I cheated - bought this from NWorld. Dressed with a really good balsamic).

    Bloody marvellous. Venison was tender as and no rut taint. Yum yum.

    Name:  IMG_4896.jpeg
Views: 67
Size:  3.20 MB
    veitnamcam, Beaker, Hewie and 2 others like this.

  10. #6205
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    22,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Rut shot 3 year old Fallow buck back steak. Wet aged vacuum packed for 20 days. He had that musty smell when I processed him.
    Anchovy, caper, parsley etc butter.
    Salad
    Baked thin kumera slices
    Col-slaw (I cheated - bought this from NWorld. Dressed with a really good balsamic).

    Bloody marvellous. Venison was tender as and no rut taint. Yum yum.

    Attachment 166914
    Anchovy is not something I would have thought to add to the butter nor capers.
    Will have to give that a try.
    Were they a tinned or salted dried anchovy?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  11. #6206
    MSL
    MSL is offline
    Member MSL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    4,858
    Sika stag back steak, sliced thin and into a smoking hot pan. Super tender and not overly strong. Nothing fancy, Iím a meat and three veg cook.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Beaker, Nick-D and 2 others like this.

  12. #6207
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    2,586
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Sika stag back steak, sliced thin and into a smoking hot pan. Super tender and not overly strong. Nothing fancy, Iím a meat and three veg cook.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Simple is good man.

    Snap, sika back steaks and baked potatoes.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Beaker and Mrs Beeman like this.

  13. #6208
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Posts
    4,738
    Mrs said she wanted Korean for mothers day dinner,.... So..... Home made Korean it was....
    Name:  IMG_20210509_171221.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  3.62 MB

    Kimchi radish was brought, and the seaweed salid.
    The rest home cooked. Rice, soy beef (scotch), Korean braised potatoes (very yum), spinach with sesame oil and seeds, mushroom, carrot, fried zucchini, cucumber and from over the ditch Japanese beef tataki.
    And over cooked fried eggs (bulls them up, by walking away.... Should have been runny as)

    All done in about 45mins, quick and bloody tasty
    Nick-D, JessicaChen and tamamutu like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Dinner tonight...
    By EeeBees in forum Game Cooking and Recipes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 24-05-2015, 08:05 PM
  2. kids collecting dinner
    By greghud in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-02-2014, 12:51 PM
  3. venison before breakfast, paua by dinner
    By greghud in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-03-2012, 12:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!