Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: recipricating saw

recipricating saw

My good wife bought me one for birthday earlier in year...simple black n decker rechargable battery jobbie. tried it out today for first time on pig from other day...holy smoke its quick and cuts cleanly with little bone chip.... HIGHLY recommend getting one and wish I had done so years ago..chops are just too easy,whip through the spine bit and finish off with knife.
    Trout, Moa Hunter, flock and 4 others like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Yep they are fantastic! Also handy when you want to make a whole ham a half a ham.
    Micky Duck and XR500 like this.

welcome to the dark side , great for garden pruning as the missus can use safely get quality blades the diablo 300mm demo blades are great , will cut round corners and nails as well bunnings have best prices . turn blade upside down and turn saw over when cutting chops on bench .
    rugerman and Micky Duck like this.

Yep Mickey they're the business.
    Go grab yourself one of https://www.bunnings.co.nz/diablo-9-...uning_p0098004
    Then you'll whip through the back bone of a whole deer in no time. Mind the fingers...
    Micky Duck and RV1 like this.

they are the ducks nuts. dont forget to give a good clean if you do a heap of cutting. the fly's get into them ,neck minute crawlers everywhere
    Micky Duck likes this.

oh dont worry,its been given a good clean,with a tooth brush no less......few years ago up north Dad got me to resharpen his chainsaw,its last job was cutting up a sheep...yeah nah crawlers under chain cover is not an experience I care to repeat....
    RUMPY likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Yes sir they're pretty mean alright. I might have to buy another though, not quite sure if the one i've used for plumbing would still be clean enough
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Makros View Post
    Yep Mickey they're the business.
    Go grab yourself one of https://www.bunnings.co.nz/diablo-9-...uning_p0098004
    Then you'll whip through the back bone of a whole deer in no time. Mind the fingers...
    @Makros how long do these blades last? We have tried other blades at work doing home kill rams for dog tucker some blade go dull after a breaking down a couple of rams

Used mine today to whack off some ven shanks. Beats the hell out of a manual meat saw. Also useful as has been said for some minor garden pruning.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @Makros how long do these blades last? We have tried other blades at work doing home kill rams for dog tucker some blade go dull after a breaking down a couple of rams
    I brought one blade start of the year and have cut down the back bone of 3 deer and a hogget. Still scary sharp but one tooth has chipped the end off. I doubt they'd last a long time as bone seems really hard on them. Father in law used a metal cutting blade for a long time but it's so slow and won't cut meat so you have to knife everything and then just use it for bone (best to do at least a half pie effort at doing this anyway)
    Micky Duck and bigbear like this.

Use ice blades for cutting carcasses. That's what the home kill guys use. There's a site advertising on FB Ozzie butchery supplies or something like that.

Sent from my SM-T225 using Tapatalk
    Brian likes this.

Dialblo blades are awesome. Can confirm it pays to spend more and get the good ones that don’t bend as much.
    paremata likes this.

mitre10 sell a 5 or 6 pack of white coloured no name blades and they are as good as the dewalt and bosch at a fraction of the price. major blunting is caused by the wrong speed while cutting
    Micky Duck likes this.

After reading this thread I got an ad for this on Instagram . No idea if they are any good and the snooping is creepy but looks like there are dedicated blades for chopping bones .

https://www.ruralbutchersupplies.com...des-400mm-3tpi
    Pack out heavy

I use mine for cutting up the carcas for dog tucker. A bit of a waste of a 18v Makita tool! :-)