Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Winter Firewood take2

Quote Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
    All this talk about chainsaws and no one has commented on that fine looking wheelbarrow, my dad has one just like it and they're the definition of a workhorse.
    Greetings Tombi,
    Thanks for noticing that. It was my late fathers wheelbarrow and there is a story about it. Sometime over 50 years ago my parents won 10th prize in whatever they called the Golden Kiwi in those days. It amounted to $400.00 and my parents split it 4 ways. I spent my share upgrading my car, I don't remember what my sister and mother spent theirs on but my father bought that wheelbarrow and spent the rest putting in a concrete ring driveway to house the increasing number of cars at our house. All the concrete was wheeled from the mixer in that barrow. When dad moved to a unit he gave it to me. I use it all the time and I believe it still has the original tire which I may need to replace if we don't move into town first.
    Regards Grandpamac.

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    Just hope it never needs an Oil pump.

It took me a year to track down a used one.They dont seem to make them any longer.The sprocket is plastic and it just breaks down over time.I could buy the sprocket but couldnt get the arbor off the pump.
    Please Don't upset me by talking like that.