Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 9mm AR Build

Quote Originally Posted by paulbrady View Post
    where did you get the hand guard from ,i still need a hand guard and butt stock then i am good to go
    ali express, as long as you get one with the steel barrel nut there good to go, search for NSR keymod handguard.

I've used them without issue, know others using the same, no problems, screw paying 2-300$ for a handguard,
    $30USD delivered
    Skatieguy likes this.

another brownells parcel....

couple of Wolff extra power carbine springs, RRA 9mm buffers, as recommended by QC10 for a 9mm build, @Tommy
    J.P 3.5T enhanced reliability springs, should bring the factory trigger to 4-5lb pull.
    and Lee 9mm carbide die set.

Name:  IMAG1454 (Small).jpg
Views: 342
Size:  97.5 KB
    Last edited by Glycerine; 01-09-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    ali express, as long as you get one with the steel barrel nut there good to go, search for NSR keymod handguard.

I've used them without issue, know others using the same, no problems, screw paying 2-300$ for a handguard,
    $30USD delivered
    Be careful NZ Customs doesn't seize it ,as did happen to me about 2 months ago now ... then I had to prove it was for a A cat rifle (which was pretty straight forward)but if it had of been for one of my E cat rifles ,I would have needed to produce a import Permit FFS ....
    Ive bought countless rails and accessories from the likes of alliexpress over the years .... But this one time at Band Camp .... NZ Customs ....

If one of you blokes is interested in selling a 9mm AR build ... I have a good mate with $ and his E Endorsement who would take one off your hands .. So please let me know or if you would be interested in doing him a build ?

yep, never been a real issue for me,
    Dan's a good guy (customs AO) quick email with whats coming in (never had to with ali express, but every brownells parcel i have to)
    stating whats in the parcel and its intended use and a quick pick of my FAL,
    released no problems

Quote Originally Posted by seano View Post
    If one of you blokes is interested in selling a 9mm AR build ... I have a good mate with $ and his E Endorsement who would take one off your hands .. So please let me know or if you would be interested in doing him a build ?
    good chance for him to build his own! its fun, big kids lego's

would you be interested in parting with one of the wolf extra power springs ,i already have the 9mm buffer

sorry, brought the extras in for @Tommy

good chance for him to build his own! its fun, big kids lego's
    Yeah I might have to suggest that to him ,unless he can find one .
    I have my own CMMG Dedicated 9mm AR ,which I put together about a year ago now .
    How did you Guys get on importing the uppers/lowers/barrels etc ?

Just asking as I've been waiting now for 6 weeks for a permit for ×3 pistol mags ,which are sitting at customs for 4weeks awaiting my signed permit

Yeah I might have to suggest that to him ,unless he can find one .
    I have my own CMMG Dedicated 9mm AR ,which I put together about a year ago now .
    How did you Guys get on importing the uppers/lowers/barrels etc ?

Just asking as I've been waiting now for 6 weeks for a permit for ×3 pistol mags ,which are sitting at customs for 4weeks awaiting my signed permit
    didn't, not worth importing those parts (qc10 lower + bolt was gonna cost over $1350 to import, cheaper to buy local)...
    if you had a large order to bring the cost of parts down and can spreed the export fee across

oh the qc10 colt style 9mm lowers are due in a month or 2, round $650?
    and barrels are due soon aswell.

unless i can bring it in w/o export permits, Its to costly. And I just don't bother with orders over $100usd

I apply for E permits when i don't need them and have handy when i need them,
    waiting times havent been bad for me, but never hurts to have some ready in advance...
    the stock permit i had sitting round for a year! almost about to expire, LOL!

you can get stuff from canada much easier, but they dont seam to have any 9mm stuff
    Last edited by Glycerine; 01-09-2016 at 04:55 PM.
    Tommy likes this.

Be careful NZ Customs doesn't seize it ,as did happen to me about 2 months ago now ... then I had to prove it was for a A cat rifle (which was pretty straight forward)but if it had of been for one of my E cat rifles ,I would have needed to produce a import Permit FFS ....
    Ive bought countless rails and accessories from the likes of alliexpress over the years .... But this one time at Band Camp .... NZ Customs ....
    How did you go about proving it was for an A cat rifle, if said A cat isn't on their register of firearms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my word as a "fit and proper person" was enough, I haven't had to prove a thing
    seano, stretch and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_fish View Post
    How did you go about proving it was for an A cat rifle, if said A cat isn't on their register of firearms?

A quick call with Dan at customs , then quick call to local AO then a follow up email cc to customs stating part was for a A cat rifle ... very simple if your straight up and have a good relationship with your AO
    At the end of the day I could of lied to both customs and my AO and said the HandGuard was for a AirSoft ... But that would prove "im not a fit and proper person"
    Tommy likes this.

Good to hear - things get confusing when E cat is registered but A cat isn't!

another brownells parcel....

couple of Wolff extra power carbine springs, RRA 9mm buffers, as recommended by QC10 for a 9mm build, @Tommy
    J.P 3.5T enhanced reliability springs, should bring the factory trigger to 4-5lb pull.
    and Lee 9mm carbide die set.

Attachment 54941
    Whats the shipping like on small orders like that like from brownells? They dont seem to have a calculator. I have a couple of low cost bits and pieces I want to pick up but wont bothers if its the standard $50 minimum.

Cool looking build BTW, Be heaps of fun to plink away with