Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bi-pod mounting

Banned
    AAh well i only ever got to hold the rifles and dream of the big time but never hung around to do it

R93
    Ha Ha that statement reminds me of an Old Show Medicine Crow song. No worries mate I thought you might remember the pod.
    I will look at some photo's when I am home.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Banned
    yea sorry cant help I pretty much dropped into this thread anyway im a rude bastard

LJP
    Looks good Horihunter - I'm looking at an atlas myself with quick release. Just have to mount a small rail on the forend - not sure if that's going to be a pain in the arse though.

Atlas is my plan B, too. So expensive.

LJP
    Yip serious coin - I sold my Harris to help fund one. Ive got the Atlas with quick release sitting on my bench for when I get a chance to sort out mounting the rail. I love how fast you can snap the bipod on / off the rail with the flick of a lever. I think it's going to be very practical on a hunting rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    Yip serious coin - I sold my Harris to help fund one. Ive got the Atlas with quick release sitting on my bench for when I get a chance to sort out mounting the rail. I love how fast you can snap the bipod on / off the rail with the flick of a lever. I think it's going to be very practical on a hunting rifle.
    I had a bit of a look at them at the Tahr show & wasn't that impressed.....not impressed enough to buy three anyway.

They seemed to be pretty bloody flimpsy when extended, esp when in the leg forward position.

I read up heaps on them & got pretty mixed results...... for over twice the price of a Harris with a pod lock & spikes they don't cut it as far as I'm concerned.

One of the things that annoyed some guys was they were slower to deploy than a Harris.

I was going to put them on my LR target rigs, they are 8-9 kgs.......

LJP
    My Harris with Spikes is great but really annoys me if the targeted quarry starts moving. You start torquing the bipod & unscrewing the stud unless you pick up & reposition. I quite often then spend the next few minutes finding the target again. That's why I have purchased an Atlas - It will pan & is easy to attach quickly. Well that's the plan anyway - hopefully it will fit the bill

someone really needs to start making those spigots for a handfull of coins.

the ones I was waiting for havent seemed to have happened

Not a lot involved in making them, I'm sure somebody with more ready access to a lathe could come up with something. I either get an apprentice to whip them up for me or use my uncles lathe but access isnt such that I would take orders at this point. Some of the other members work on lathes daily and may be keen to take orders

Bit of an update. The bipod is going well. It grips much better than the Harris and I find that because I can load good weight down onto it with the way the legs sit under it it is more consistent off different surfaces. Shot one of those groups tonight where you just watch the hole grow.slightly each time you fire
    Grim, R93 and Toby like this.

I have 2x Vektor Maskin Universal bipod mounts that do this sort of thing, as seen in Norway's cool+good youtube videos. Nicely made, has an offset so your barrel doesn't interfere with the bipod

For sale here:
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...are-room-4166/

Mounted on rifle to the right here:

Re: Bi-pod mounting

Does it fit any bipod or you need a particular one

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Any of the versapod/parker hale/AI/DealExtreme bipods that are based on the bren gun bipod

You do have to drill a hole in your stock to install it but that's not really a big deal.