Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hunting/standing platform for rear of vehicle

[QUOTE=Friwi;160113]You want one of theses:US ARMY Chenowth 'dune buggy' (FAV LSV DPV) 'Special Forces' | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/QUOTE

Fark yeah.....now were talking Friwi.....buy an old battered VW bug and your half way there........SWEET
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Have seen one of these around the traps somewhere. Build it above the bumper, has to be mounted at least one mount on either side, bars up on the 4 corners and a padded frame around the top at approx bum height - make it any higher and you belt the hell out of your kidneys. Make the front high enough to extend a platform over the roof to shoot off, but with low sides to keep all your ammo etc handy. Wire up a small 2 or 3 way switch with matching small 2 or 3 lights that you tape to the outside top of the windscreen, one for left, one for right, and either one for stop or both for stop. Much simpler and quieter than yelling instructions to the driver. Also have seen one made to fit on to the spare wheel carrier.

My dad built a platform for his Suzuki Escudo. It hooked on the tow bar and under the chassis at the rear.
    It worked well. Being short you could talk to the driver if he had his window down.