Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Making a shooting Tripod

I think youve done an excellent job. Weight would be my only concern, but you appear to have that sorted. My solution is nowhere as good in that I fitted one of those ‘Y’ rests from Amazon onto the top of my adjustable walking pole. It works well as is height adjustable, but lateral movement needs addressing.

Stool construction.Name:  20210604_141131.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  4.15 MB
    Micky Duck and Cordite like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

if you pivoted your metal bar off seat,one on each side,it couldnt be misplaced in transit... love the concept.
    heck if you put block on each end it would be completely redundant anyway.....the screws would have to pull out of hinges for it to collapse,as it is. you could just use a piece of strong cord through hole drilled in each leg,knotted on outside.....
    Woody likes this.

I saw someone on FB had mad a nice adjustable rest from an old scissor jack, mounted it on a flat steel plate to increase its stability. Excellent for range use but would not be super portable.

Donating old scissor jacks to your local range with a bit of notched wood on top would be a good resting place for them.
    Happy Jack likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

The s steel strap had an angled slot near each end. As the legs are spread the angled slots lock into a screw shank each end. The legs are bevelled ends and lock solid when spread so the steel strap is just extra security. I put rubber rings cut from car inner tube around the folded stool and this secures the steel strap to the top of the seat when carrying or storage. The legs are short enough they just fold in flat agaist the underside of the seat for stuffing in day pack with the alloy tripod.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

yeah its an awesome idea...just trying to fix what isnt broke again..... a length of sash cord would be ideal.....

Yes, I seriously considered a cord but went with steel to negate any stretch. Theoretically it should prevent any stress on the hinge screws and wood the screws are into.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Name:  40F6B822-9166-40C0-8FDF-AC53B3DE633C.jpeg
Views: 157
Size:  3.42 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post

here is the one I made

if you pivoted your metal bar off seat,one on each side,it couldnt be misplaced in transit... love the concept.
    heck if you put block on each end it would be completely redundant anyway.....the screws would have to pull out of hinges for it to collapse,as it is. you could just use a piece of strong cord through hole drilled in each leg,knotted on outside.....