Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: My Ruger 10/22 journey

With the higher cap mag, I found subs would stick towards the front of the mag, which meant the round wasn't sitting at the right angle for the bolt to grab, but instead would just slam the round into the the front of the metal lips. Found a good dosing of WD-40 allowed them to feed flawlessly, just needed the lube to stop wax and lead mixture from sticking and changing the angle of the next round

I got one of those promag 15 rd mags from guncity sale, it didn't work at all. The bx15 is great, has changed the rifle totally for my usage. I'm considering getting a few more for those occaisons when 15 at a time is not enough. I don't think putting a .22 into E configuration is worthwhile. Years ago I had a plastic 30rd mag for it, lot's of fun, but not worth the hassle these days.

So tacticool happened anyway
    MDT chassis picked up too cheep to pass up, I have a Armaworx buttstock to go on it but it needs modifications to fit. I also need to lift the scope up higher as you can't get your head lined up properly with the buffer tube sitting higher than the factory stock
    Name:  IMG_20190314_185813.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  2.74 MB

Name:  IMG_20190314_185821.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  2.21 MB
    Hansy likes this.

Be interesting to see how or if this affects the accuracy.
    dannyb likes this.

All the reviews I could find said it was the same or better and to be fair if this is the case I'm happy as this is a toy for me, not out to set bench rest records

yeah not a fan but to each their own.
    I would like a magpul x22 with one of the archangels second choice but too many other things in front of that project.
    dannyb likes this.

Hate to say it and maybe premature but after current events good bye to this project?
    viper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Hate to say it and maybe premature but after current events good bye to this project?
    No not yet, I have updates on this but thought it might be a bit bad taste posting them now.
    This is a toy and at the end of the day it has to go so be it. Let's keep the politics and scare mongering out of this thread, this is not the time or the place..... Kia kaha
    rugerman, Steve123 and Pete_D like this.

well said
    dannyb likes this.

Been tempted to get me one of the takedown versions of these to play with, going to hold off a while unless I see one going for a song.
    dannyb likes this.

Well bit of an update, looks like my 10/22 is staying so here's where I'm at
    Name:  IMG_20190315_175433.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  4.40 MB
    Armaworx stock fitted, I do need a castle nut but it functions fine as is, if anyone has a spare one they wanna sell let me know.
    Took it out yesterday and put 150 rounds through it.
    Below is a pretty typical 5 shot group. I'm still really struggling with the heavy trigger but now I know I can keep it I'll get that sorted soon.
    5 shots @ 50 yards
    Name:  IMG_20190320_161438.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  1.10 MB

I would say your bigger Mag may exceed the up coming round capacity, I think they will restrict it to 10 shot mags. Wait and see I guess.
    dannyb likes this.

That's fine I don't like it, so I'll wait and see what happens, if banned I'll hand it in if not I'll sell them. No good for me shooting off a truck it just gets in the way
    viper likes this.