Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dustoff for Willie Peters

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Its all this turn the other cheek stuff that causes the problems.
    That is why from where I sit (which is at the extreme right of Genghis Khan) it is better to take and not need than it is to need and not take. Oops gave a little insight to my very un PC self there.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    That is why from where I sit (which is at the extreme right of Genghis Khan) it is better to take and not need than it is to need and not take. Oops gave a little insight to my very un PC self there.
    I hope my memory hasnt failed me here.... Remember before the Second World War. Neville Chamberlaine returning to Britain after Britain and France had just thrown Czeckoslovakia to the Wolves (Hitler and his cronies) Hitler could not believe his luck he was bluffing and blustering... and quite prepared to back down.

When Chamberlaine stepped onto the tarmac back in Britain his famous words were. "I give you peace in our time" Well that didnt bloody work did it.

I prefer myself.

How can man die better
    than facing fearful odds
    for the ashes of his father
    and the temples of his Gods.
    Last edited by Scribe; 16-07-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I know of WWII Scribe but I certainly don't remember it. Diplomacy is for the diplomat's and their bloody cucumber sandwiches. JFK had it right in 62 when he told Nikita Kruschev to piss off and turn the boat around. He took the world as close to a nuclear war as we have ever been but won the day. I have often wondered how different your war would have been if he had still been at the helm in the early days rather than LBJ.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

What sort of rifle is the armalite Scribe and that rocket that Fred had must be a whole lot more dangerous than the M72 that I used as it had bugger all back flash. Chapter 12

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    What sort of rifle is the armalite Scribe and that rocket that Fred had must be a whole lot more dangerous than the M72 that I used as it had bugger all back flash. Chapter 12
    The armalite was a AR 15 designed by Eugene Stone and taken in by the American military as the M16. It was a selective fire weapon with a 1x14 twist firing a 5.56 x 45 round. The projectile was a boat tail "with unstable characteristics" making little round red entry holes that were often ringed with a four inch circle of deep black and blue flesh that had been destroyed.

This rocket was the M72. Dont forget 'Dundee' many of these battles took place at night, black as the inside of a cow, in thick jungle. My job was to brass the place up. Other people go more for the big bang theory.

I forget now the back blast danger area of the M72 but every time my no 2 wanted to let his go I found myself looking down the tailpipe of the bloody thing. If you are looking down the tailpipe of it at less than a metre when it goes off the M72 is guaranteed to melt you face off right down to at least your shoulder levels.

I disliked the bloody thing and when my no 2 started to wave his around I was scareder of it than I was of the VC.

Thanks for that Scribe. I'd be shit scared of a VC too and the M72 at both ends.

M72 Light Anti Tank Weopon
    The M72 is a self-telescopic,disposable,anti-tank system consisting of a rocket loaded in a telescopic tube launcher.To fire the weopon,protective caps are removed and the inner tube is withdrawn to a locked position.The sights are raised and the target can be engaged.

CALIBRE: 66mm
    LENGTH: 89cm
    WEIGHT: 2.1kg
    RANGE: 1000m (effective 200m)
    MUZZLE VELOCITY: 145/sec
    EFFECT: penetrates 260mm of armour plate
    COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
    INTRODUCED INTO THE N.Z ARMY IN 1967

EFFECT: penetrates 260mm of armour plate
    Faaaark! thats impressive
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Faaaark! thats impressive
    Yeh I was scared of both ends of the M72 "veitnamcam"

The danger radius for the back blast is 30 metres I see "dundee"
    Last edited by Scribe; 16-07-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Well i'd be shitting bricks too if I was directly behind it. But in Vietnam a solid fart was welcome.Forget the actual quote.

sturg4
    Well i'd be shitting bricks too if I was directly behind it. But in Vietnam a solid fart was welcome.Forget the actual quote.

The quote was " Happiness today will be a dry fart"

Chapter 16 Bloody yanks

I have a copy of this book, if anyone wants to borrow it feel free to pm me with address etc.

Chapter 17 now this book will be back on the forum shelf soon. PATIENCE

sturg4
    Chapter 17 now this book will be back on the forum shelf soon. PATIENCE
    Steady on man you will wear yourself out and go to sleep on the tractor or something. Take it easy.

Yanks, sometimes we wondered whether they were on our side or not...There flyboys were bloody good though.

sturg4
    For days the Company set up ambushes, but they produced nothing until the night the Americans landed a man on the moon. Willie's platoon had been left to hold the monastery while the other platoons went out on ambush. They heard the fire fight begin in the early hours of the morning, but had to wait until the men got back in late the follow afternoon to find out what happened. One of the m60 gunners described the whole thing.

"I had just come off sentry about 0200 when I decided to stay up for a few minutes and listen to the moon landing. Me and my mate had a set of earphones, and I was plugged in when there was this bloody great bang as the claymores went off. I quite clearly heard Armstrong say "one giant step for mankind" when this Viet Cong came past taking the biggest steps I've ever seen".

I tell you Willie it was the weirdest thing, and it got worse" the gunner related with a tired grin.
    "There were six of them, four of them were down and two got away, though one of the downed ones was a squealer. He'd fallen in a hollow and just when we started to settle down he'd let out a blood curdling screech or start moving around and everyone would open fire again. By daylight we were pretty sick of him so we hurried him off to his ancestors and set out on the tracks of the other two. We came around the corner on our tippytoes and there is this other bugger sitting on a rock with his rifle magazine in his hand and a silly look on his face".

"Now he is up there with Saint Peter trying to explain where he went wrong" The gunner sat to finish a cigarette that someone had given him before he moved off to his own position.

" Do you think we will ever understand these orientals" he asked plaintively as he eyed his cigarette but before flicking it into Willie's gunpit"
    East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet, and eighteen hours ago you didnt even smoke" was Willies only reply.

The Monastry
    Dat Do
    July 1969