Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: 100 Dairy cows Pb poisioned at Southland clay club

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    bloody funny that josh -Ive just come on to ask you if there was any link between the two events .call it my professional paranoia ,but i found it intriguing that two major incidents could occur in the same region in such a short time ,both involving livestock grazing?contaminated areas. thanks for your excellent reporting and clarification.
    must admit im a swede lover,but yes they nedd some polar chills up em to make em tasty!
    Yep sweetest after a couple of frosts. I love them fresh out of the dirt, wiped off with Swannie sleeve, and sliced with a rusty blood stained bale string cutting butchers knife. Haha
    gadgetman likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Yep sweetest after a couple of frosts. I love them fresh out of the dirt, wiped off with Swannie sleeve, and sliced with a rusty blood stained bale string cutting butchers knife. Haha
    If you are staining your knife with blood while cutting the twine on hay bales, I would suggest you be more careful...you southislanders are something else again with your culinary delights...eating cattle food...what next?.
    Gibo likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    If you are staining your knife with blood while cutting the twine on hay bales, I would suggest you be more careful...you southislanders are something else again with your culinary delights...eating cattle food...what next?.

So what you're trying to say Spook is the fundamental difference between Nth and Sth Islanders is...

When NIs eat alfalfa and fart they just blow coffee coloured milk everywhere.

However us southerners on brassicas fart buckshot and hazourdous chemicals
    JoshC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    So what you're trying to say Spook is the fundamental difference between Nth and Sth Islanders is...

When NIs eat alfalfa and fart they just blow coffee coloured milk everywhere.

However us southerners on brassicas fart buckshot and hazourdous chemicals
    I think at the moment the biggest problem the South has is that the newspaper reporters get really fucked up when it comes to stock dying...not long ago it was sheep being shot without leaving cases or projectiles, now it is the difference with metabolic problems and shot pellets. I wonder how many gun clubs the length of the country have ever had a similar problem?, I imagine, very few or the meat and milk industries would not tolerate lead poisoning entering the food chain.
    Chupacabra likes this.

Devils advocate here, can we rule out a genetically engineered frankencrop gone wrong? Does anyone have more info on this commercial variety of swede?

They all seem to have eaten the same strain of swede and have kidney/liver damage. Some research I saw found feeding mice GE food gives them kidney/liver damage amongst other things.

Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    Devils advocate here, can we rule out a genetically engineered frankencrop gone wrong? Does anyone have more info on this commercial variety of swede?

They all seem to have eaten the same strain of swede and have kidney/liver damage. Some research I saw found feeding mice GE food gives them kidney/liver damage amongst other things.
    same strain of seed developed by a certain seed supplier. from what i understand the problem is solely with the seed it the first time its been commercially grown and the seed supplier doesn't want a dirty name so is blaming it on the farmers and metabolic issues.

Not going away, more stock affected:
    No quick answers to stock death mystery | Stuff.co.nz

Could this be related to the sheep that were apparently shot and no shell cases found?
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Maybe DOC dumped 1080 all over them and now their livers are failing especially after being inundated with opossum and trout carcasses plus GM swedes have given them lead poisoning both from the swede and the Black Ops ninjas who leave no trace or exit wound and the local vet is covering up for Don Brash who is a mates with Nick Smith (who we all know owns the US 1080 factory) and used Crusher Colins foibles as a decoy to poison some mice on the coast in the hope of killing all our deer (cause they're disappearing fast mate) and the guys from Fish and Game are laughing all they way to the bank cause now they have exclusive rights to trout fishing across NZ for free (cause who wants to catch a radioactive trout) and are propping up their other mates (probably John Key) who is crashing the dairy industry with melamine milk (via GM swedes of course) to drive down the dollar and get the FX gains (cause he bought a heap of greenbacks from Obama in Hawaii). Oh and its bound to involve some jews somewhere too.
    veitnamcam and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Maybe DOC dumped 1080 all over them and now their livers are failing especially after being inundated with opossum and trout carcasses plus GM swedes have given them lead poisoning both from the swede and the Black Ops ninjas who leave no trace or exit wound and the local vet is covering up for Don Brash who is a mates with Nick Smith (who we all know owns the US 1080 factory) and used Crusher Colins foibles as a decoy to poison some mice on the coast in the hope of killing all our deer (cause they're disappearing fast mate) and the guys from Fish and Game are laughing all they way to the bank cause now they have exclusive rights to trout fishing across NZ for free (cause who wants to catch a radioactive trout) and are propping up their other mates (probably John Key) who is crashing the dairy industry with melamine milk (via GM swedes of course) to drive down the dollar and get the FX gains (cause he bought a heap of greenbacks from Obama in Hawaii). Oh and its bound to involve some jews somewhere too.
    Shit I knew that home brew kit would turn you into a politician u banned unless we sample some beer
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Ha ha ha good effort.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

None of that gives any indication of what the test results showed if they were actually performed

I smell a rat.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    what's the best hunting gear - http://www.hunterfields.com/

Article in NZ Farmer Sept 29 2014 by veterinary pathologist Dr Mark Collett explains that it was not a unique case...been around 10-20 years...basically a management of stock problem with brassica crops.

Some time after that there was a "spate" of cattle deaths thought to be caused by grazing on beets - nothing to do with lead poisoning. Dunno if the actual cause was ever found but several farmers (and their stock) were affected. Bet the media never corrected the "lead poisoning" story.