Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Another Aramoana???

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    At the risk of ruining a good conspiracy theory, she was on tonight's news as she only came home today, one of the last to do so.
    Shh, stop using facts, it's spoils the bias people have
    Smartie, keneff and rockland like this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    His crusade to make the people he represents (the members of his union) safer? Isn't that what union presidents do? Lobby for better conditions for their members?
    His crusade is to establish a footing for his political ambitions. I don't know why police members put up with his constant stream of bullshit and self-promotion.
    Wirehunt, GravelBen, Ryan and 1 others like this.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Fuck, how many threads on the same topic do we need?
    Well, as with TV or whatever, if you don't want to look at it, don't look at it. Like most things, basically simple.

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    Well, as with TV or whatever, if you don't want to look at it, don't look at it. Like most things, basically simple.
    Thanks Captain Obvious, it was a rhetorical question - you know, basically.

Where did I say they all were?

Mowatt and Graham certainly were. David Bain was too (We'll have to disregard him though because his conviction was overturned). Schaelfer I think was too.
    Was there licening in 1941?10 years before I was born, so I dunno, but like george Wilder, Graham became something of a folk hero. Hitler was supposed to have sent him a telegram saying "You hold the South Island, I'll send a soldier to take the North Island." Probably a myth, but an indication that he was admired by some.

[QUOTE=peril 787b;
    Check your figures before making a statement such as this.[/QUOTE]

Check what I wrote, Pal. You will see that I didn't quote ANY figures. Are you saying the cops need to shoot more blacks to bring some balance to the issue? Certainly the shooting of blacks gets much more media attention. Anti-white racism is rife in the US AND here. You don't need to be white to be a racist, and you don't need to be black, or brown, or yellow, to be a victim of it.
    Last edited by keneff; 26-08-2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Found this...

The first gun control laws were enacted in 1845, but early regulations were ineffective until the passage of the Arms Act in 1860, which required licences and registration of firearms and firearm dealers.

In 1920, the new law required the registration of all firearms and issuance of a "permit to procure" before a firearm was transferred. Semi-automatic pistols were banned and a special permit was needed for other pistols (e.g. revolvers), with the intent of discouraging the carrying of concealed weapons. Few changes were seen for the next forty years as crime remained low and the country avoided political violence.

An internal police report in 1982 criticised the proposals, saying there was no evidence that registration helped to solve crimes, and that registration would use time and money better spent on other police work. This policy was adopted by the government in the 1983 Act.

Trevor Mallard signed off the registration of firearms move...the politicians citing that the processes involved were too expensive. The irony was, in my mind, that firearms become easier to procure; go figure!!!
    Last edited by EeeBees; 27-08-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    Wirehunt and tetawa like this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Ejected
    Four cops shot in Kawerau a few months ago.

That's just off the top of my head. There were more people maimed by guns in the same incidents.
    I remember hearing that one as it developed.. Sounded a lot like one possibly two of the cops shot each other.
    nevereadyfreddy and Jexla like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    I remember hearing that one as it developed.. Sounded a lot like one possibly two of the cops shot each other.
    I know in detail what happened there, no cops shot each other.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I know in detail what happened there, no cops shot each other.
    Exactly.

All those cops who were shot, were shot by the bad guy.

Ejected
    Didn't sound like that on the radio reports, in fact has anyone seen the PCA report?

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Didn't sound like that on the radio reports, in fact has anyone seen the PCA report?
    Yup well the radio doesn't know f^%k all, I've spoken to people who were directly involved in the incident and the subsequent investigation.

How many more Christchurch earthquakes? How many more trucks have to fall off the ferry? We need to ban firearms before the gun related crime rate gets so low it naturally rebounds a little and we have a crisis on out hands.

Greg O'Connor if you hate freedom so much you should get a plane ticked and retire in that totalitarian penal colony west of New Zealand.
    veitnamcam likes this.

I agree tussock. Guns are a red herring issue.

I think the real issue is the resurgence of the methamphetamine trade and associated burglary increase. Guns being stolen are a byproduct of this.