Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Another stunning decision by the judiciary, wtf.

and how is it the fella this thread started out discussing DIDNT end up with a prison sentence for being in possesion of a handgun???? that beggars belief .
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I mean't it both ways md. Usually I observed the person trying to make a new clean way was being pressured from crim elements in the community or whanau/extended family. It's very difficult to address and imo requires a very tough resilient independent body closely attached to parole boards and parole officers to monitor and ruthlessly enforce separation and protection from the external elements. As an example of the weakness in the society these days; girlfriend applies for firearms licence. Does one day course, passes and buys firearm/s and ammo. Bully boys get handed the arms and ammo as pre-arranged. Non co-op = da bash or worse.
    Soft society is scoffed at.
    But hey; I'm not pc or a PC so the pollies, wokes and psychobabblers don't give a rats about opinions like mine anyways. Heck, what do I know cos I've only worked amongst these communities in forest and rural areas for seven+ decades, and seen it all get worse as the pussies got more control. I have no degree in bullsh..t.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

yip the bully boys will always have that...and drug dependency to put pressure on..... they werent called crack whores for nothing.
    the trick/balancing act is to still allow law abiding folks access to stuff and to try and stop the "bully boys" from getting it.....yeah that is as daft as it sounds,pipe dreams...meth pipe at that... only way to break the bully boys power is to break the bully boys...we arent yet in a Chicago cartel senario but only because the bully boys have it too easy in our soft society.... why kill the goose that keeps laying golden eggs every thursday???

Productive work / employment for "unemployed persons" can easily become mandatory and wipe out "idle hands". Whether it be tree planting or state house painting or collecting seaweed for fertilizer or construction or recycling clothing. Being occupied if physically and mentally able could be compulsory for ex jailbirds and or associates. Those who show positive effort could be graduated to state sponsered managed apprenticeships or other trades and professions. Some form of compulsion amd overseeing for several years per person is required though imo.
    JessicaChen, Micky Duck and ROKTOY like this.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Admittedly I don't have a lot of experience in the punishment issues but I do have a few close experiences.
    One involved a young man who got tangled up with drug dealing and use and gangs. Ended up in minimum security prison for several months and wanted to stay clean after release. He got targeted by past crim associates and pressured back into crime and then more jail time. Killed himself after second release.
    Other things I have seen are chaps coming out of prison into work and going ok until hit on by past crims associates and or rellies who want cash handouts and similar bludging. Some of these chaps try to rehabilitate their lifestyles but are in catch 22 where to be free of crim influences they have to isolate from old friends whanau and even places they lived. To do so is hard.
    I see the system failure as being lack of very strong probation rules along with very strong protection for the ones trying to stay clean, from criminals amd their pressures.
    Such protection would require laws in place to enforce the prevention of criminal associations with ex crims and their families. The civil rights implications would be complex but the reality is that hardened crim groups and families don't give a hoot for anyone but themselves. They create and breed their own separation from decent society and it is cancerous unless removed zapped or isolated such that the disease cannot spread.
    I have seen potentially good men and families swallowed into poverty and crime simply because of influence from crim friends rellies and associates which the family would not or for some reason could not isolate from.
    All of what you have said, highlights what Agencies (who try to support released prisoners) , have been telling Governments for years : There is very-little/ no support for Offenders once they are released from custody .The Very-Luck ones , have work organised for them, in a location that is new to them . This is very rare though. Many return to low-socio-economic families where crime is accepted and sometimes encouraged . Accommodation is next to impossible to find, criminal-records stop people from renting etc. You need a Bank-account and address to access the benefit, many are illiterate to some degree and also on the autism-spectrum. I'm not singing some lefty-liberal-song here, just pointing out facts. In these circumstances, where do you go ? You go straight back to where you were, or a contact you made 'Inside'. I dont have the answer, maybe enforced 'Mentor-ship' or something along those line, could alter the outcome . While I laughed, and loved the Idea of Changi , I wouldnt want to see the outcome of more Triad-connections, which would definitely come about .
    Tahr likes this.

Impractical pollies in ivory towers.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

sitting here watching movie "whale rider"

yeah even though its a movie...so not entirely on point with reality...... you can see the devide..the struggle and the battle to get back into line with civvie street,young fellas dad just out of the clink...... the two sons neither really following the old ways so both out of touch with family support...and the silly old bugger stuck in the mud shooting himself in the foot at every turn....
    surprised the rainbow crown arent up in arms over the gender thing......YET.

Quote Originally Posted by rewa View Post
    All of what you have said, highlights what Agencies (who try to support released prisoners) , have been telling Governments for years : There is very-little/ no support for Offenders once they are released from custody .
    Didn't the government give the Mongrel Mob a couple of million for a rehab program?

Financing the gang wars in jaffaland?
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcannz View Post
    Didn't the government give the Mongrel Mob a couple of million for a rehab program?
    That was for a meth rehab program
    Bloody ridiculous
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

Word on the street was that most of the 2.75mill was quickly converted into Harleys