Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: That answers that question!!!

Unfortunately TradeMe would not be in any way concerned that the seller is making a huge profit but they may be interested if the item has a safety issue. I am not sure what %age firearm sales represent to them but in the past there have been mutterings about not having a firearms list. Some grumblings around a listing like this may be fuel for their wobbly PC "concerns". The seller is obviously doing a good job protecting his sale. I too got caught buying a rifle on TM that had sold at the previous Ted Rogers auction. Whilst the seller made a 200% profit out of me the dollars in question were only around 100 bucks. I am now aware of some regular TM sellers that buy at Ted's auctions and then onsell soon after. Let the buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Unfortunately TradeMe would not be in any way concerned that the seller is making a huge profit but they may be interested if the item has a safety issue. I am not sure what %age firearm sales represent to them but in the past there have been mutterings about not having a firearms list. Some grumblings around a listing like this may be fuel for their wobbly PC "concerns". The seller is obviously doing a good job protecting his sale. I too got caught buying a rifle on TM that had sold at the previous Ted Rogers auction. Whilst the seller made a 200% profit out of me the dollars in question were only around 100 bucks. I am now aware of some regular TM sellers that buy at Ted's auctions and then onsell soon after. Let the buyer beware.
    Like any other person I go for bargains and sell for a little profit. But a $3100 profit is a little excessive IMO.
    But it closes in 10 hrs with no bids. The seller can ask what they want, but they have to find someone to buy it first.
    But this auction was fuelled by a question as to whether the safety catch had been fixed.

Not sure if they would remove firearms from their options, as they would most likely remove about 7 sections with all the reloading stuff as well.
    If they did remove it im sure Gun City would take them to Court as a lot of their turnover is via TM.

That would be fun to watch. Would be more hassle and costly to TM than its worth I reckon.

As well as trade me, dealers and shops buy rifles for $300 and then put it on the shelf for $595 so no difference there. Everyone is out to make a profit. Its human nature, but how much profit is the question point.

A little research goes a long way.

If you ask awkward questions (for him) again just before the auction ends he may not have time to delete them, so everyone will get to see them after it closes.
    Dr. Watson likes this.

@jim160 agree 100% ethically it's crap. Brings into question his other auctions. The good thing, because he is trying to be greedy and unrealistic, unless a total f wit comes along, it will not sell.

@jim160 agree 100% ethically it's crap. Brings into question his other auctions. The good thing, because he is trying to be greedy and unrealistic, unless a total f wit comes along, it will not sell.
    Awesome, then you end up with a total fwit owning a rifle with a dicky safety

Bit of cynicism showing but the comment will be lost on most.
    Who knows, the seller may even be a forum member....

Q: Wow, that's a really, really cool rifle. sako7mm (137 137 positive feedback) 5:53 pm, Fri 12 Jun

Answer: Hi, And THANK YOU for the Nice Comment.. ..Not many take the time to do so. ..however, seems like there are quite a few who just love to make stupid, negative comments ...which just really reflects their lowly character. All the Best, 7:17 pm, Fri 12 Jun
    300CALMAN likes this.

what happens if the said rifle malfunctions and injury results ?surely seller &TMmust bear responsibility for allowing the said sale to proceed??

Gone But Not Forgotten

Q: Wow, that's a really, really cool rifle. sako7mm (137 137 positive feedback) 5:53 pm, Fri 12 Jun

Answer: Hi, And THANK YOU for the Nice Comment.. ..Not many take the time to do so. ..however, seems like there are quite a few who just love to make stupid, negative comments ...which just really reflects their lowly character. All the Best, 7:17 pm, Fri 12 Jun

I wonder who sako7mm is, ? The seller obviously didn't pick up that the question was a put down.

wanker -the CHCH handloaders is open tuesday evenings and im sure it could be arranged to test fire and photograph the results!
    bloodygood mind to contact TMand warn them out on this as potentially its bloody dangerous.someone needs to take this tosser in hand!

I got blacklisted by a seller and I never asked a question or even won an auction. I placed some $40 or so bids on some $1 auctions for new back packs and a $10 bid for a $1 auction for a binoculars. Never won them . Went to bid on the relisted one and BANG- i was blacklisted. Finally, I used my work login to buy a set of binoculars from him _(won the auction for $20 ish) and had no problems whatsoever with them as a seller. Great communication, easy to trade with and very prompt, and I still have no idea why I was black listed.......I suspect one of two things: He meant to black list someone with a similar handle and got mine by mistake or he didn't like the fact I stopped bidding so low. Problem for him though is it means the next lowest bidder wins the auction if he takes out the highest bidder.....

As a watcher I have been offered the rifle @ $3200...................

I think that some people on TradeMe are actually mentally ill but seeing as they pay taxes and don't commit crimes they don't get locked up

As a watcher I have been offered the rifle @ $3200...................

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    I think that some people on TradeMe are actually mentally ill but seeing as they pay taxes and don't commit crimes they don't get locked up
    Trouble is those mentally ill sellers rely on mentally ill buyers to keep the whole ball rolling so not all blame must rest with the seller.......

He has relisted it with a start price of $2600.
    In about a month it may be close to the actual price that its worth. If he carries on reducing the price.
    308 likes this.