Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: boy injured after rifle "blows up"

Glad to hear the young man is on the mend & back home with family for Xmas. He should buy a lotto ticket
    timattalon and xtightg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Glad to hear the young man is on the mend & back home with family for Xmas. He should buy a lotto ticket
    His Mum is buying a bottle of wine to enjoy. Considers it a good stress relieverLOL
    timattalon likes this.

Wonder what would happen if you fed a 30-30 into a .303 and pull the trigger. Got to be easy to do if you use both calibres.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Why? Because he's used up all his bad luck?
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Glad to hear the young fella is on the mend. Sounds like a nasty scene but great news he will be home for Christmas.

Phil, a 243 round will chamber in a 308, you'll even be able to fire it and would most probably not even notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Wonder what would happen if you fed a 30-30 into a .303 and pull the trigger. Got to be easy to do if you use both calibres.
    I would think buggerall in bad way...it may even exit the barrel..... now if you put a .308 into a .270 its bad bad BAD and they tell be a .300blackout will fit in a .223 depending on projectile...VERY BAD.
    Steve123 likes this.

From Mum

"They have the rifle and a piece of the the chamber going back to the manufacturer once the Police have finished with it as it should never have failed so catastrophically. If there is an inherent issue it needs to be identified ASAP. I dont want anyone else to go through this and the outcome will not be as good."

How about a little collection to buy him something for Christmas.
    @35disoto if you put an account number up on here we could put something across as we see fit and keep it anonymous.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

sounds pretty serious for the young fella. A centre fire going bang in your face cant be good ?! Feel the kid and the family.
    its not had my turn on sunday, 264wm blew up in my face, im better off then that young fella thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by 2post View Post
    How about a little collection to buy him something for Christmas.
    @35disoto if you put an account number up on here we could put something across as we see fit and keep it anonymous.
    His Mum is taken back by your thoughts and generosity. If it would work she says a H+F voucher - he loves going into the Pukekohe store - some gear was cut off at Resus but his good hunting belt and knife were saved.
    Would the forum be happy if I put up my account and got a voucher once the amount was known?. His Mum is an Accountant (bloody tough one too LOL) so she can audit my actions.
    I know H+F are not always the flavour of the month on here but the lad enjoys the whole scene and of course doesn't have any politics in his life - well not just yet anyway.
    Let me know and I post up an account if you feel its right

The other bit of info to hand is the rifle and bits and pieces are at the Police Armory so its not just at Constable Plods level.
    It's also why I cant tell any more (not that I know anymore) as to the actual nature of the failure - sufficed to say it was not inappropriate handling of the firearm
    Moa Hunter likes this.

@35desoto, I'd like to chip in $20 if you do a collection for the lad.
    doubleRB and 2post like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 35desoto View Post
    His Mum is taken back by your thoughts and generosity. If it would work she says a H+F voucher - he loves going into the Pukekohe store - some gear was cut off at Resus but his good hunting belt and knife were saved.
    Would the forum be happy if I put up my account and got a voucher once the amount was known?. His Mum is an Accountant (bloody tough one too LOL) so she can audit my actions.
    I know H+F are not always the flavour of the month on here but the lad enjoys the whole scene and of course doesn't have any politics in his life - well not just yet anyway.
    Let me know and I post up an account if you feel its right
    I’m happy to post something so maybe an address, or PO Box. But bank transfer Is easier for me.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 2post View Post
    I’m happy to post something so maybe an address, or PO Box. But bank transfer Is easier for me.
    yeah Im with you squire -ill chip in a little too for the young lad.nice to see you got home OK