Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Buy back list

So a 1022 with a 15 shot mag would get paid out

For the mag, yes.

And also for those who have been hiding a 25lber behind the cowshed , hand in that,( High explosive amo), this is on the email I've been getting. A bit like those deadly dangerous .22 magnums. They are allowing $300 for mods to get your guns into speck, so go for it guys a belt fed one is not a mag. May have to hide the kids water pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    So if I have an under over it's one+1?

Just trying to get this straight here...
    How many can you fit in the magazine? I think you have a zero plus two, mate! Should be sweet!
    Mauser308 likes this.

under over is straight....side by side is kinky as for the triple barrel set up.....ummm
    erniec likes this.

Guys - DO NOT PANIC !!!! - Talk to someone or your local Gunsmith or Gun shop - JOIN COLFO !!! - All buy back on non MSSA style semi automatic firearms is magazine capacity excluding one in the chamber or it is a Centrefire Semi Automatic - there is still heaps more to come including a list of "authorized gunsmiths" who can modify a firearm to make it legal at the Governments cost up to $300 (like my Winchester 9422).

Like MICKY DUCK says be very careful of what you say - these were all legally owned firearms until the Government ordered their confiscation !

As I understand it there are legal challenges pending around the prices - Again JOIN COLFO ( costs just $23) DO NOT PANIC YOU HAVE UNTIL DECEMBER !!
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DUCKHUNTER View Post
    Guys - DO NOT PANIC !!!! .............As I understand it there are legal challenges pending around the prices - Again JOIN COLFO ( costs just $23) DO NOT PANIC YOU HAVE UNTIL DECEMBER !!
    Actually $5, but surely we can cough up the $23 in view of what we now face.............here's the link. Do it now.

https://tinyurl.com/y6l3yz8x

Ok,
    My understanding is that they would more than likely use the smaller size,
    eg, mossberg 500 chambers 2 3/4 and 3" shells, says on the barrel, if 3' its 5. if 2 3/4 its 7, same for .22 short and LR they would use the short round. more than happy to be proved wrong as the 500 is in the buy back list

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    It is really simple, for a shotgun no fixed magazine can hold more than 5 rounds of the maximum size noted on the receiver.

For all others rim or centre fire a magazine cannot hold more than 10

The chamber is neither here nor there, it isn't the magazine
    Ok,
    eg, mossberg 500 chambers 2 3/4 and 3" shells, says on the barrel, if 3' its 5. if 2 3/4 its 7, same for .22 short and LR they would use the short round. more than happy to be proved wrong as the 500 is in the buy back list

Quote Originally Posted by Mavarick View Post
    Ok, My understanding is that they would more than likely use the smaller size,.........................
    Curiously, i had the same suspicions about my Mossberg Shotgun so I put this same point to Wilson's Hunting and Outdoors in Wanganui yesterday and their view is it is the higher size. 3 inchIf you think about it, it's OK to get five cartridges in and it is what's stamped into the barrel, so if you can get 5 x three inch in you're OK

And of course remembering that three inch cartridges are actually 2 1/2 until fired........
    Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 24-06-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Curiously, i had the same suspicions about my Mossberg Shotgun so I put this same point to Wilson's Hunting and Outdoors in Wanganui yesterday and their view is it is the higher size. 3 inch
    my understanding is that it goes on what is stamped on the barrel....
    rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DUCKHUNTER View Post
    Guys - DO NOT PANIC !!!! - Talk to someone or your local Gunsmith or Gun shop - JOIN COLFO !!! - All buy back on non MSSA style semi automatic firearms is magazine capacity excluding one in the chamber or it is a Centrefire Semi Automatic - there is still heaps more to come including a list of "authorized gunsmiths" who can modify a firearm to make it legal at the Governments cost up to $300 (like my Winchester 9422).

Like MICKY DUCK says be very careful of what you say - these were all legally owned firearms until the Government ordered their confiscation !

As I understand it there are legal challenges pending around the prices - Again JOIN COLFO ( costs just $23) DO NOT PANIC YOU HAVE UNTIL DECEMBER !!
    @DUCKHUNTER - I think you may have confused panic with serious annoyance.

My guns are in the safe, unused. I am not modifying them yet, too early. I'm not handing them in, till Day Zero.

But I have a serious case of annoyance are about (a) being classified a criminal even more than for the (b) State-Enforced theft of my legally-purchased and -owned products for abjectly pathetic compensation, plus (c) the contempt Stalin's daughter demonstrated for the Parliamentary Select Committee process and opportunity for public comment. In order not to upset the Nevilles and Savage1s on the forum I won't comment about (d) the Cahill-Bush Axis of Unelected Arrogance.

I joined COLFO 2 years ago, not because I saw this coming, but because of their reputation for rational commentary. I have read nothing about them that changes my mind, indeed I think they are our best public leadership on the topic, and I have further donated their way, the equivalent of what I would have shot from the centerfire carbine.

The opera ain't over yet just because we heard the scrawny lady screech...

(I know, but I can't do equina-face Photochop).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    DUCKHUNTER likes this.

Here's a point to consider. Seems there is little news in the media about how unhappy many firearm owners are about the changes proposed. How about turning the buy back gatherings into big protest marches at each venue. Everyone affected by the changes can still hand in their firearms to a police station at a later date. Lets not give the media a big story to feed to the naive city dwellers about all these evil guns.

Heard an interesting exchange of views - or a few minutes of it - on ZB while driving round on Saturday avo running some errands. Came on after the Devlin sports bit. They got onto the MSSA buy back subject.
    Three people host Tim Roxborogh, Tim Wilson + Hayley Halt. Tim Wilson has been on to this govt scam and persecution/vilification of law abiding citizens from the get go. He also gave it to National = both barrels. And stated that this action would do NOTHING to prevent such a terrorist attack in the future. Good on him - one of the very few jouno's calling it for what it is. He re-stated this very clearly and went on to say that if the "buy back" prices were not fair and reasonable then compliance would suffer, and why should law abiding people not get fully compensated for their loss. The other Tim also spoke in support of FAL community, and seemed to acknowledge the impacts/loss. Surprisingly (to me) Hayley also seemed to have a sympathetic ear ... or initially. But as the discussion among the three continued around if the payments are not fair, ..... and people feel aggrieved ..... & dont comply with the buy back ..... you could see the penny drop for Hayley. "So now we've got seriously pissed off people who have MSSA's ....... oh shit, now what ?!"
    To the credit of all us "fit & proper" citizens there has been no crazy talk, just sensible & clever ideas around how to deal with authorities & the new laws. And not make it easy for the govt confiscation. Quite understandable as there has been ZERO respect demonstrated for us and our rights.
    Would be valuable if that ZB 3 way discussion got more air time on MSM.
    Cliff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavarick View Post
    Ok,
    No. I've got a 500. You can almost get no 6 in but not quite.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk