Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Cops have two Glocks stolen in Gore.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventenths View Post
    Gangs tend to run around with sawn off shotguns and .22's... wonder where they get those from?
    Gunshops?

Using licences granted to gang members?
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

after today's effort with the old guy on the electric scooter my wife took great delight in humming that Benny Hill chase theme song.
    Z

Haha the music fits the driving, i remember benny hill well

Quote Originally Posted by ZQLewis View Post
    after today's effort with the old guy on the electric scooter my wife took great delight in humming that Benny Hill chase theme song.
    Z

Looked a bit like a woman, probably a guy then.

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    Gunshops?

Using licences granted to gang members?
    Nope... not one "gang member" in the country has a license!

Anyone identified as associating or going down that path soon has their license revoked.

There's a shit load of guns that get stolen every year from licensed owners and then I can think of the gun shops that got burgled such as Gun City in Auckland or the other gun shop which had a number of B cat pistols stolen, plenty of farmers still leave guns in sheds or down at the cow shed, plenty of people still leave guns in their vehicles unattended just think of that guy at the shotgun club in Matamata and I had a local chap who did the same.

Then we have bad apples amongst firearm owners such as John Mabey who was a collector who sold over 120 guns to gang members and lets not forget Dale Jenner who did the same!

I have to also wonder how many weapons have gone missing from the defense force over the years as I remember years back coming across a guy with a live grenade.

I hear there's been a few defense force personnel caught handing in parts and magazines lately.

Any gun stolen regardless of whether its from license owners, defense force, police is one gun too many!

Anyone identified as associating or going down that path soon has their license revoked.
    Do you actually believe this, and / or do you research it? I suppose you could add, "for some values of 'soon'"...

Data points:

1. The Herald today revealed how a patched Headhunter was able to legally buy $30,000 worth of high powered rifles between 2012 and 2015, before police revoked his firearms licence in January. When police went to revoke the licence, the man had legally on-sold the weapons and they were unable to be retrieved.

2. Police would not comment..., except to say it was "very rare for a patched gang member to be issued a firearms licence". Very rare does not mean, doesn't happen. And, inquiring minds would like 'very rare' defined, mmkay?

3. Gang members to be blocked from firearms licenses... (note the tense of -to be-, = it's bin happenin' and everybody knows it has...

There's a whole lot more info out there that identifies your commentary as, shall we just say, optimistic. For some values of optimism.
    Steve123 and Mr Browning like this.

I think that the cops stuffed up, but I would like to give them a bit of slack. To be fair, the situation sounds like they were trying to deal with a real turd. Someone armed with a vehicle actively trying to kill you makes it a fairly stressful situation. I am not defending police management or the justice system - they have put police on the frontline with little training in dealing with tactical situations that are as serious as this one sounds like.
    I will also say that the situation would have been rapidly resolved if the police had access to their pistols on their hips, rather than - worse than uselessly - locked in the back of a car.
    A bit more of our collective ire should be directed at the turd with dumpster juice running through his veins, for the criminal acts that he committed, rather than the cops who tried to stop him. .

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    I think that the cops stuffed up, but I would like to give them a bit of slack. To be fair, the situation sounds like they were trying to deal with a real turd. Someone armed with a vehicle actively trying to kill you makes it a fairly stressful situation. I am not defending police management or the justice system - they have put police on the frontline with little training in dealing with tactical situations that are as serious as this one sounds like.
    I will also say that the situation would have been rapidly resolved if the police had access to their pistols on their hips, rather than - worse than uselessly - locked in the back of a car.
    A bit more of our collective ire should be directed at the turd with dumpster juice running through his veins, for the criminal acts that he committed, rather than the cops who tried to stop him. .
    Fair enough, if they had popped the bastard I wouldn't lose any sleep
    Like that dickhead that got shot in Waitara by cops a while back it's not like we are losing a productive member of society
    This is why it is all so pointless that they are being forced to harass us law-abiding FAL owners rather than bite down hard on gang members and meth dealers
    At risk of sounding illiberal I have zero sympathy for idiots who charge at police with weapons in hand
    Tommy and Martin358 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    At risk of sounding illiberal I have zero sympathy for idiots who charge at police with weapons in hand
    Absolutely agree. Sadly, we do sound illiberal to the current crowd in charge, who ironically have people carrying guns on their hips to turn to when said liberal leaders feel unsafe.
    outlander and Finnwolf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    Do you actually believe this, and / or do you research it? I suppose you could add, "for some values of 'soon'"...

Data points:

1. The Herald today revealed how a patched Headhunter was able to legally buy $30,000 worth of high powered rifles between 2012 and 2015, before police revoked his firearms licence in January. When police went to revoke the licence, the man had legally on-sold the weapons and they were unable to be retrieved.

2. Police would not comment..., except to say it was "very rare for a patched gang member to be issued a firearms licence". Very rare does not mean, doesn't happen. And, inquiring minds would like 'very rare' defined, mmkay?

3. Gang members to be blocked from firearms licenses... (note the tense of -to be-, = it's bin happenin' and everybody knows it has...

There's a whole lot more info out there that identifies your commentary as, shall we just say, optimistic. For some values of optimism.
    What’s not identifiable in your post or what’s not identifiable in the news report is at what stage did that person become a gang member after all I don’t trust the news 100% as they will leave out key facts!

Was he a patched gang member prior to applying or after he was granted his license?

The same article you quote from sightpicture also mentions

“However, a Disctrict Court judgement from Masterton last month revealed how under current New Zealand law, being a member of an orgnaised criminal group does not necessarily exempt someone from a gun licence.

The case centred around Bandidos gang member Wade Victor Innes, from Wairarapa, appealing the revocation of his firearm licence.

Innes was first issued his licence in 1997 and it was renewed in 2007. Police confiscated his licence in July 2015 when they found Innes to no longer be a "fit and proper" person based on his membership to the Bandidos and because he broke licensing rules by failing to tell police when he changed address.

He appealed the decision, and his case was heard before Judge Tompkins in November.

When it came to gang associations, the judge drew on previous cases in judges ruled gang association was irrelevent to revoking a firearm licence.

"There is a short and now somewhat dated line of authority in favour of Mr Innes' association with the Bandidos gang being irrelevent," he said.

Instead, Judge Tompkins found that it was a culmination of factors that saw him lose the appeal.

He did not advice of his address changes, he was a member of the gang, he did not surrendor his physical licence or guns, and that other members of the gang were likely to be able to access his firearms.

"The cumulative effect of all the above is that Mr Innes is not a fit and proper person to hold a firearms licence."

Sightpicture, seeing as your so good at research & everybody apparently knows it’s been happening then please feel free to tell me the names of any patches gang members or prospects of any criminal gang who have their gun licenses?

Even PM me that information!

There's a shit load of guns that get stolen every year from licensed owners and then I can think of the gun shops that got burgled such as Gun City in Auckland or the other gun shop which had a number of B cat pistols stolen, plenty of farmers still leave guns in sheds or down at the cow shed, plenty of people still leave guns in their vehicles unattended just think of that guy at the shotgun club in Matamata and I had a local chap who did the same.

Then we have bad apples amongst firearm owners such as John Mabey who was a collector who sold over 120 guns to gang members and lets not forget Dale Jenner who did the same!

I have to also wonder how many weapons have gone missing from the defense force over the years as I remember years back coming across a guy with a live grenade.

I hear there's been a few defense force personnel caught handing in parts and magazines lately.

Any gun stolen regardless of whether its from license owners, defense force, police is one gun too many!
    Have to disagree there: I know of several associates that do, and I have had McIlraith tell me that in person that the NZP know that heaps of member and close associates do too. Having said that, the police didn't even know Connor Morris was a patched member of the Heads when he was killed, I doubt the gangs submit their member lists to the police for perusal. Never mind the seriously bad cunts being sent back from Aussie that have in fact got licences, (that we now know at least one spent up large buying 22 semis and cutting them down) due to NZP not data matching with Aussie cops.
    viper, outlander and rewa like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Have to disagree there: I know of several associates that do, and I have had McIlraith tell me that in person that the NZP know that heaps of member and close associates do too. Having said that, the police didn't even know Connor Morris was a patched member of the Heads when he was killed, I doubt the gangs submit their member lists to the police for perusal. Never mind the seriously bad cunts being sent back from Aussie that have in fact got licences, (that we now know at least one spent up large buying 22 semis and cutting them down) due to NZP not data matching with Aussie cops.
    Send me those names fella as they shouldn’t have licenses!

Yep, when people got sent back to NZ by the Australians they were sent back due to criminal offending or associating with wrong people so it didn’t necessarily mean they were convicted of criminal offending.

The Australian authorities weren’t forth coming in exactly why those people were being sent back which caused huge frustration but that’s since changed so there’s better communication on those people.

Sorry, but you have your head in the sand. Police have already identified some gang members and associates have firearm licences and have been buying guns for gang activity for years.
    outlander and sightpicture like this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Send me those names fella as they shouldn’t have licenses!

Yep, when people got sent back to NZ by the Australians they were sent back due to criminal offending or associating with wrong people so it didn’t necessarily mean they were convicted of criminal offending.

The Australian authorities weren’t forth coming in exactly why those people were being sent back which caused huge frustration but that’s since changed so there’s better communication on those people.
    Ok, now youre just making excuses to try and justify incompetency. It worked both ways, NZ police didnt exactly go out of their way to do any checks either, they could have simply asked OZ why they were sent home as a background check during the vetting process. Its not rocket science. Whats happened to common sense... they were sent home (alarm bells should have been ringing), you dont get deported for nothing.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

I don’t really follow the news so Im a little out of touch , have the two Glock’s been recovered ?
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA