Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Could we do more

Monitored alarm is a good piece of mind. I have seen a 3mm steel gun cabinet attacked with an axe and after repeated blows (stuffed the axe) the frame by the top of the door was dented in some but it did not open. This safe only had two locking pins by the lock so even the cheaper safes seem to be able to take a pounding. I think most people who value there firearms will do the best they can to protect them.

Ejected
    Have you lot not heard of battery grinders? Have a hole in a flash safe in minutes, not many of them. Of course if there is power handy a 9" will do a safe fucking fast. Hot knife through butter.
    res likes this.

res
    Yea, a good safe is only going to stop a theft who is not prepared.regardless of category its certified for. But a unprepared theft should not be able to kick open a safe like some of the stuff that being used-a bike lock would actually be more secure than some of that.
    Using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Mooseman;505695]Monitored alarm is a good piece of mind. I have seen a 3mm steel gun cabinet attacked with an axe and after repeated blows (stuffed the axe) the frame by the top of the door was dented in some but it did not open. This safe only had two locking pins by the lock so even the cheaper safes seem to be able to take a pounding.

Monitored alarms are useless unless the security company is instructed to call the police on activation and then the police actually turn up in a reasonable time.
    What do you think a security guard is going to do if he catches someone taking your stuff if he even turns up in a reasonable amount of time.
    He's legally not allowed to lay a hand on him, nor are you if you caught him.
    Protection of property laws only allow you or someone else to go as far as pulling the item off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    I think most people who value there firearms will do the best they can to protect them.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Have you lot not heard of battery grinders? Have a hole in a flash safe in minutes, not many of them. Of course if there is power handy a 9" will do a safe fucking fast. Hot knife through butter.
    If they're in your garage/house wtf do they need a battery grinder for? Ain't no lock on your power plugs is there?
    Wirehunt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Monitored alarm is a good piece of mind. I have seen a 3mm steel gun cabinet attacked with an axe and after repeated blows (stuffed the axe) the frame by the top of the door was dented in some but it did not open. This safe only had two locking pins by the lock so even the cheaper safes seem to be able to take a pounding. I think most people who value there firearms will do the best they can to protect them.
    i have installed alarm systems for a damn long time, monitoring is fine providing that the security response can get there asap. nothing beats good neighbors for keeping an eye out though and the best thing is too make allot!!!! of noise.

I work in the telco industry and never seen an alarm company make a follow up with a customer whenever I've done something to set it off. Some customers are extremely aggrieved when they realise.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I work in the telco industry and never seen an alarm company make a follow up with a customer whenever I've done something to set it off. Some customers are extremely aggrieved when they realise.
    firstly i am not associated with any monitoring company
    but here in shaky town the only monitoring company that ever asked me for a password every time i rang them top put an alarm in "test mode" was code 9. some of the others did occasionally and some never asked at all

Agree with Gonetropo, neighbours are good value for keeping an eye and ear out. I would hope that an activated alarm would send the p*#%ks running before they got into the safe but as stated there is not a lot more you can do to protect your firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Won't be getting in to my safe easily... 4 gauge steel welded around reinforced concrete with steel meshing imbedded through all concrete plains among a myriad of other security measures put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Won't be getting in to my safe easily... 4 gauge steel welded around reinforced concrete with steel meshing imbedded through all concrete plains among a myriad of other security measures put in place.
    Half a stick of power gel taped to one side?!

Ejected
    9 inch grinder, cut wheel, three minutes tops.
    338 likes this.

Yes we all know that if your determined enough, you can break into anything, but we all still lock our cars and house doors.
    res and Mooseman like this.

res
    I wonder if we all had safes like this https://trademe.co.nz/1147254693 if it would make any difference?

Please note I'm not saying that I think we should
    Using Tapatalk

Rwt
    Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    I wonder if we all had safes like this https://trademe.co.nz/1147254693 if it would make any difference?

Please note I'm not saying that I think we should
    I cant see anyone running off with a safe like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rwt View Post
    I cant see anyone running off with a safe like that!
    I guess if someone really wanted to get into it they would just hold a knife to your throat and ask you nicely to unlock it...
    res likes this.